Ver Platinum 4.0.1.2 locking up system

Just updated DVD Fab Platinum to 4.0.1.2. I noticed that it installed to a new directory. I now have 2 versions of DVD Fab. However, the new version has locked up my system 2x on different discs (during the rendering phase not the burning phase) and I had to hit the reset button on computer. But using the same disks in ver 3 DVD Fab Platinum my system didn’t lock up at all. Resources are NOT and issue. I have 3 GIG of RAM. Over 200 GIG of available hard drive space (secondary drive). AMD Atholon64 3000+ NEC 16 X and Samsung 18X DVD drives on Win XP Pro SP2. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I have always taken the precaution of setting a Restore Point before updates. So if all else fails I will Restore.

This new version looks like it has some nice new features… if I can get the program to “Play Nice” I’d like to see what these new features do!

[QUOTE=Lax Pegasus;1938784]Just updated DVD Fab Platinum to 4.0.1.2. I noticed that it installed to a new directory. I now have 2 versions of DVD Fab. However, the new version has locked up my system 2x on different discs (during the rendering phase not the burning phase) and I had to hit the reset button on computer. But using the same disks in ver 3 DVD Fab Platinum my system didn’t lock up at all. Resources are NOT and issue. I have 3 GIG of RAM. Over 200 GIG of available hard drive space (secondary drive). AMD Atholon64 3000+ NEC 16 X and Samsung 18X DVD drives on Win XP Pro SP2. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I have always taken the precaution of setting a Restore Point before updates. So if all else fails I will Restore.

This new version looks like it has some nice new features… if I can get the program to “Play Nice” I’d like to see what these new features do![/QUOTE]

Hi Lax Pegasus
You can do a cleaan un-install of both version and re-instal the new version which is 4.0.1.4 Beta
to do a clean un-install of DVDFab please see my signature below there is info on how to do this BTW it is not the normal un-istall
and the latest version can be found at the link below
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-1-4-beta-232558/