Vengenace from Swedan

I have the latest version of Clone dvd and anydvd, but I still cannot copy a movie I bought from swedan. I was wondering if anyone might have an answer for me. It says “cyclic redundancy check read error” and this “File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 23 TCSectorReader” comes up in details. I paid alot of money for this and would hate to see it get ruined with no back up. Its called Vengeance, the Tony Cimo Story.

Any DVD says this is the info on the disk.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 5.8.2.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVDVolume
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

You dont say what country your from but your are region 1 which is ntsc? and your not compatible with the disk which is PAL. I might be mistaken . Is the dvd scratched or dirty??

I’m in the USA east coast I know its PAL but cant i change it to ntsc with anydvd and clonedvd? It plays well on all my dvd players as it is

I not surprised your dvd player played it… You may need different hardware or software to change it from PAL to Ntsc. Im not sure how to convert it to ntsc. Maybe someone else on cdfreaks could help you>

The DVD may be copy-protected/rip-protected (ie Sony Arccos).
Try AnyDVD to see if it fixes the problem.

Thread moved

I did use the latest version of anydvd, but it didnt work. I think its because I have a PAL DVD maybe my drive doesnt like that. anyone can offr some help?

Nobody got any clues about the PAL thing?

The drive knows nothing about video formats (aka PAL/NTSC), the drive is just a way to get data off a Disc.

If it’s a straight copy, then just use something like DVDDecryptor to extract the disc to an ISO image & then use DVDDecryptor to burn the ISO image.
DVDDecryptor can skip bad sectors (I think), but expect the copy to have the same read errors.

Converting from PAL to NTSC is a bad move. Just for starters, Pal is 25 FPS & NTSC is 30 FPS (approx). Which means you have to double every 5th frame (aka reduce movie smoothness).
Secondly, PAL has a higher resolution than NTSC, which means you have interpolate & mix pixels (aka reduce image quality).

Unless you have professional software to convert between the two formats, don’t even go there. The result will be crappy & jumpy.

Besides, most standalone dvd players manufactured in the last few years should be able to play either NTSC or PAL, similarly with TV’s. It’s sinply too expensive to manufacture two different products, than a single product that can do both.

ok, well here is what I did, i used DVDFAB to copy the movie and it did work, but right where the protection is you see the movie speed up and looks like it skiped a few seconds of the film there. Is there anyway to skip that and keep the same quality. now I have a 1/2 sec delay in audio and the quality is sucky.

Try ripping the DVD to the HD with DVDDecryptor.

Then play the VOB files from the HD, specifically where the problem occurred in the copy… The problem might be with the original disk.

In which case, there isn’t alot you can do :frowning:

the movie plays well in the DVD player I dont have a problem with that. I get errors in the first vobfile cyclic redundancy errors. I used DVD Decrypter and it has errors in the first VOB file. I guess it could be a bad disk, what is the world coming to.

Aye … Change the settings in DVDdecryptor to only rip the english audio (and the english subtitles, if you want them) in IFO mode.

You might get lucky & find the CRC error is in a (foreign language) stream you don’t need :wink:

This will dump all the VOB’s, IFO’s & .bups to your HD, hopefully in working condition.
You can then use nero, or another software of your choice to (compress &) burn it to a new DVD.