VeloSSD Not installing on Windows 8 x64

vbimport

Hi Guys

I have the Personal Edition.

I did a clean install with Windows 8 64bit enterprise and run windows update and installed all the updates… About 3-4 restarts to get every thing installed.

When I run the setup for VeloSSD it does not install the driver and at the end VeloSSD fails to start? The Velo SDD App is installed but it does not start when I click on it.

What does this program need in way of runtimes like “microsoft .net? or other runtimes”.

I have Expored my system spec from Microsoft System Info Information to a text file so I can pm and copy to any one that could help me.

Windows 8 x64 enterprise
AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 Processor 955 - 3.2 GHz
ati 4890
1x 1TB Hard drive
1x 60 SSD Drive
8 GB Ram

Full Spec

Windows 8 x64 enterprise
AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 Processor 955 - 3.2 GHz
Motherboard ASUSTek - M4A88T-M Chipset 880G
4 x 2GB DDR3 Kingstion PC3-10700 - Total 8GB Ram
1x ATI 4890 1GB PCIE
1x 1TB Hard drive WDC WD1001FALS-55J7B0
1x 60 SSD Drive
1x OCZ-AGILITY3

Hi,

I’m having the same problem. In my case, I’m using Windows 8.1 Preview.

Any help?

I tried again with a new fresh Windows 7 Home Premium x64 install in the same machine, and VeloSSD is still doing the same thing.

Might it be a hardware compatibility problem?

My PC:

Windows 8.1 Preview x64

AMD FX-8350
Gigabyte GA990XA-UD3 rev. 3.0
8GB DDR3 1866
Ati HD 7950 3GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Crucial M4 64GB

Also, I tried with:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

AMD FX-8350
Gigabyte GA990XA-UD3 rev. 3.0
8GB DDR3 1866
Ati HD 7950 3GB
Seagate 320GB
Kingston V+ 64GB

Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thank you

Hi,
Windows 8.1 will be supported with the next update scheduled for autumn 2013.
If the setup exe is corrupted it will not install.
When the installation itself is corrupted the app will not run.
It will not be a hardware compatibility issue.
Our experience is that the Installation and operation never fails.
The sw will not run in virtual machines or on machines with attached debuggers .
I hope this help you.

Hi.

I’d like to get your software running in at least a couple of computers, but no luck for me so far. Hope all this helps you solve the incompatibility issues.

I’ve been testing some more, and I’ve found some weird behaviour from your software.

First, I made sure the installation file wasn’t corrupt. I downloaded it again from both of your servers and verified that they were identical using fc.exe /b

The problem seems to be that the driver that’s supposed to get installed at the end of the installation procces doesn’t get installed at all.

Installation procces ends without trace of installing the VeloSSD driver, and after that, the program fails to start. It just does nothig.
I’ve tried to make a clean install of Windows 7 3 times in 3 different empty drives, but I’m still get the same result.

My Windows 7 is a Home Premium edition branded from Dell. Spanish version.

Now comes the weird thing:

I decided to test your soft in other computers to see what the problem might be. So I installed VeloSSD in a Toshiba Machine and I got the same frustrating result. It was Windows XP SP3, Toshiba branded, spanish version.

Also, I installed it in the PC I use for work. It’s an ACER desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium, Acer branded, spanish version. No luck either.

But I’m not done yet. In the PC I firstly intended to use VeloSSD I tried and installed an unbranded english version of Windows 7 Home Premium. Then VeloSSD got installed without problems. The driver got finally installed and the program ran flawlessly.

Tomorrow I might try and install it in a HP desktop running Windows Vista. HP branded and spanish version.

So, the installation file wasn’t corrupt.

The Windows installs weren’t corrupt. Five different installs of 3 different versions of Windows in 3 different machines, most of them running flawlessly for years can’t be the problem.

The only thing that all this cases have in common is that they are spanish and branded versions of Windows. I don’t know if this makes sense at all, or helps you identify the problem, but as weird as it sounds, it is what I got.

Hi.

I did some more testing and definately, your software has compatibility issues with at least, some Spanish language Windows versions.

My Dell branded Windows 7 Home Premium is multi language. Using the same PC, if I install Windows in English language, VeloSSD gets installed smoothly and works correctly. However, if I install Windows from the same DVD in Spanish language, the intallation procces fails to install the driver, and the program won’t run.

I also tested other different Windows editions in Spanishlanguage, in which VeloSSD also failed to run. And another Windows edition in English, in which VeloSSD ran fine.

To sum up, I tested:

(Dell) Windows 7 Home Premium Spanish -> Not working (Same installation DVD)
(Dell) Windows 7 Home Premium English -> Working (Same installation DVD)
(Dell) Windows 7 Home Premium French -> Working (Same installation DVD)
(Standard) Windows 7 Home Premium Spanish -> Not working
(Standard) Windows 7 Home Premium English -> Working
(Standard) Windows 8 Pro Spanish -> Not working

— All this 6 installs were done in the same PC with a clean HDD and exactly the same configuration —

(Acer) Windows 7 Home Premium Spanish -> Not working
(Toshiba) Windows XP SP3 Spanish -> Not working

Hope this helps you.

Hi, I’m new to this forum, I bought a 64gb ssd to use maxvelossd program installs without giving any error, but does not start, I also use windows 8.1 in Spanish.

According to the tutorial installation, installing windows drivers is missed, as I fix it?

thanks

[QUOTE=juankaxxi;2716179]Hi, I’m new to this forum, I bought a 64gb ssd to use maxvelossd program installs without giving any error, but does not start, I also use windows 8.1 in Spanish.

According to the tutorial installation, installing windows drivers is missed, as I fix it?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I’m having the same problem with VeloSSD, whatever I do it just isn’t installing the driver during installation and the program fails to start; also using Windows 8.1 in English though.

Hi,
Windows 8.1 adds at least one language “ENG”
( United Kingdom English )
VeloSSD Setup misses this.
You can copy ENUR.DLL to ENGR.DLL in Programm installation Directory / Resdlls.
As far as i know this is a working workaround.
We still don´t know why spain makes problems.

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2716327]Hi,
Windows 8.1 adds at least one language “ENG”
( United Kingdom English )
VeloSSD Setup misses this.
You can copy ENUR.DLL to ENGR.DLL in Programm installation Directory / Resdlls.
As far as i know this is a working workaround.
We still don´t know why spain makes problems.[/QUOTE]

Wow works :smiley: Thanks!

For now I’ll wait for the next version to see if it solved. I’m testing a similar program.

Thank you!

Ok, so I tried to test out MaxVeloSSD which you don’t seem to be able to get an installation key for anywhere, so I reinstalled VeloSSD and now it’s saying my activation key is invalid!?

So I just found this -

So how do I get a new activation key?

[QUOTE=anti-duck;2716329]Wow works :smiley: Thanks![/QUOTE]

You may tell me as it did to install.

You can tell the steps to install.

Original Spanish have windows 8.1 and the installation did not work, can not get the installation program does not install driver or anything.

Sorry for my English … thanks… i used google translator …

[QUOTE=soyod;2717074]You may tell me as it did to install.

You can tell the steps to install.

Original Spanish have windows 8.1 and the installation did not work, can not get the installation program does not install driver or anything.

Sorry for my English … thanks… i used google translator …[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I don’t know the process to get the driver to install on Windows 8.1 with the language set to Spanish :frowning: For me it was just a case of renaming a .dll

[QUOTE=anti-duck;2716450]Ok, so I tried to test out MaxVeloSSD which you don’t seem to be able to get an installation key for anywhere, so I reinstalled VeloSSD and now it’s saying my activation key is invalid!?

So I just found this -

So how do I get a new activation key?[/QUOTE]

And seriously! Am I going to get any support for this issue? I even e-mailed EliteBytes the same day I made the previous reply and nobody has bothered to reply. Where is the support for this product? Honestly, the support seems like a massive let down for an otherwise amazing product.

Como somos españoles pues respondo en español, he conseguido instalarlo en Windows 8 español, y va muy bien, las cosas como son, ahora he probado en Windows 8.1 y si esta en ingles va, pero en español se desactiva.

También estoy pendiente de que me den una explicación porque al entrar con mi cuenta a elitebytes me da error y he tenido que sacar la llave trial por el email de mi hermano, y llevo más de una semana esperando que lo solucionen, tenía, desde el primer momento, pensado comprar el programa, porque se lo merece, pero viendo el soporte, pues como que no. Mucho tienen que cambiar.

Es mi humilde opinión

[QUOTE=juankaxxi;2717119]Como somos españoles pues respondo en español, he conseguido instalarlo en Windows 8 español, y va muy bien, las cosas como son, ahora he probado en Windows 8.1 y si esta en ingles va, pero en español se desactiva.

También estoy pendiente de que me den una explicación porque al entrar con mi cuenta a elitebytes me da error y he tenido que sacar la llave trial por el email de mi hermano, y llevo más de una semana esperando que lo solucionen, tenía, desde el primer momento, pensado comprar el programa, porque se lo merece, pero viendo el soporte, pues como que no. Mucho tienen que cambiar.

Es mi humilde opinión[/QUOTE]

Totalmente de acuerdo con usted!

This is seriously getting pathetic now, still no reply, my trial has ran out and now I can’t uninstall VeloSSD because of two errors -

1. It’s already running and no VeloSSD icon is displayed in the notification area and the program won’t end from task manager.

2. I need to remove the cache before uninstalling but I can’t because my trial has expired, therefore I can’t open VeloSSD to remove the cache!

Sorry, but at this point I am starting to get pissed off.

[QUOTE=anti-duck;2717317]This is seriously getting pathetic now, still no reply, my trial has ran out and now I can’t uninstall VeloSSD because of two errors -

1. It’s already running and no VeloSSD icon is displayed in the notification area and the program won’t end from task manager.

2. I need to remove the cache before uninstalling but I can’t because my trial has expired, therefore I can’t open VeloSSD to remove the cache!

Sorry, but at this point I am starting to get pissed off.[/QUOTE]

Puedes intentar entrar en el modo a prueba de fallos y lo desinstalas, en teoría en este modo no se carga.

Saludos

[QUOTE=juankaxxi;2717335]Puedes intentar entrar en el modo a prueba de fallos y lo desinstalas, en teoría en este modo no se carga.

Saludos[/QUOTE]

No pensó en que, gracias :slight_smile: Espero que esto tiene sentido porque estoy utilizando Google Translate :stuck_out_tongue: