it seems that my Windows installation was somehow corrupted, which probably was the reason that VeloSSD didn't start. I completely reinstalled windows and now it works!
However, I think, I can give you a hint with respect to the application behavior:
When I installed VeloSSD on the newly setup Windows, I noticed a popup window during install, indicating that the VeloSSD drivers are being installed. As far as I remember, this window didn't show up, when I installed VeloSSD on the corrupted Windows. But the installer went through without indicating failure!
Then, when I started the VeloSSD GUI, it would terminate immediately after the UAC prompt, probably because it didn't find the VeloSSD drivers.
To improve your program, I'd suggest the following:
1) Include a (better) check in the installer, whether the drivers have been installed successfully or not. If not, issue a message and fail the installation process.
2) Issue a message in the VeloSSD GUI app, if the drivers are not there or not working.
That should save you some support troubles