Veba incar dvd player wont play discs

hi there im new to this site and need help burning dvds to watch movies on my veba incar dvd player,im using ritekg05 -r disks,philips +r and +rw discs,ive even tried to book type it to dvd-rom using a pilips +r and +rw discs,all these discs are at 4.76gb,all are burny using imgburn @ 4x speed,my drive is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632H TMC0 (ATA) ,ive used dvd identifier but a error comes up saying unsupported medium detected, ive used the samsung drive option to change my book type and it says successful,now im using loads of discs now and its costing me alot of money,i know im going wrong somewhere ,but where ? when i read the original discs that work in my veba incar dvd olayer the disc info reads that its a dvd-rom or a cd-rom,ive tried burning it by changing it to a dvd-rom using a dvd +r/+rw disc,now the weird thing is that i burnt a mp3 file and played it on the veba player it worked,the discs was a datawrite cd-r,burnt @ 8x speed using nero,my veba player auto selects the region pal,ntsc,all these discs that i have burnt work on other dvd players,my veba player says it doesnt accept the dvd+r/+rw but to change it to a dvd-rom im told to only use a dvd+r/+rw,please help as my kids are really dissapointed ,thanks alot.
the dvd player is Veba AV2701 Multi Region In Car DVD Player
[Veba AV2701]

Make sure you’ve selected the ‘DVD Video’ disc type when you’re burning the files in Nero .

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2444837]Make sure you’ve selected the ‘DVD Video’ disc type when you’re burning the files in Nero .

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
thanks for that i worked,i knew it was something silly,cheers again,load up is abit so and have to put the disc back in again for it to come on so gonna use verbatim -r discs for the kids

[QUOTE=sofia33;2444870]thanks for that i worked,i knew it was something silly,cheers again,load up is abit so and have to put the disc back in again for it to come on so gonna use verbatim -r discs for the kids[/QUOTE]

My pleasure and glad you got it sorted.

Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the best discs to use so stick with those from now on and you should be okay.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2444894]My pleasure and glad you got it sorted.

Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the best discs to use so stick with those from now on and you should be okay.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
ive got a verbatim dvd-r 4.7gb, but the files i want to burn are 5.30 gb,now do i open up dvd shrink,does that app let me convert it as well as burn the files or do i have to convert them separetly,how would i use the dvd shrink app,thanks

ok now that the dvds work ive come across another problem,ive tried the original dvds with no hiccups,now im using verbatim @4x speed on nero but when i close the glove box the dvd freezes then comes on for a sec then goes off again,it takes a long time to load up than the original,when i leave the glove box open it loads when it wants to a still freezes 99 cent of the time,verba are the best discs but still havin probs,please can some1 shed some light onto whee im going wrong,it was a error free burn and the dvd player is not faulty as well coz it plays the original without any probs.thanks