VDSPMSABxxx - what does it mean?

vbimport

I was always puzzled by meaning of VDSPMSABxxx MID code. What does it mean? It is some kind of abbrevation like “Vivastar Data Storage Process and Materials…” or what? (just guessing)
VDSPMSABxxx MID codes belonged to Interaxia (dye & stampers manufacturer) and this company was a spin-off of Vivastar AG, the first DVD-R manufacturer in Europe. After the Vivastar went bankrupt, its R&D department Axintermedia was sold and renamed to Interaxia.
So maybe those MID codes have something to do with Vivastar.
I would be really glad if someone could solve this stupid problem. :bigsmile:
Maybe I am just crazy when I am wasting my time with such stupid things. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=pepst;2072014]I was always puzzled by meaning of VDSPMSABxxx MID code. What does it mean? It is some kind of abbrevation like “[B]Vivastar Data Storage Process and Materials[/B]…” or what? (just guessing)
VDSPMSABxxx MID codes belonged to Interaxia (dye & stampers manufacturer) and this company was a spin-off of Vivastar AG, the first DVD-R manufacturer in Europe. After the Vivastar went bankrupt, its R&D department Axintermedia was sold and renamed to Interaxia.
So maybe those MID codes have something to do with Vivastar.
I would be really glad if someone could solve this stupid problem. :bigsmile:
Maybe I am just crazy when I am wasting my time with such stupid things. :bigsmile: [/QUOTE]

Yo, must be something like that.

Hell, that were the first crappo DVD-R I ever tried. Do you still have some?

“Interaxia Digital Storage Materials” is associated to VDSPMSAB.

Also Datawrite sells: Datawrite 4x 8cm DVD-R - Single
Info: VDSPMSAB 01

http://arnowelzel.de/wiki/de/computer/rwinfo?mode=detail&detailid=197&label=Sky&media=&speed=&recorder=

[QUOTE=chef;2072563]Yo, must be something like that.

Hell, that were the first crappo DVD-R I ever tried. Do you still have some?

“Interaxia Digital Storage Materials” is associated to VDSPMSAB.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer. So it seems that VDSPMSAB means Vivastar Digital Storage Process and Materials.
Yes, I still have some media with Interaxia MID code. All burned are either already detoriated and unreadable, or rapidly detoriating. :clap:
Problem with dye stability “killed” Interaxia and this company went bankrupt.