VCR to DVD

Is there software for converting VCR to DVD? I have several VCR tapes but would like to free up some much needed space. Is it possible to put these films on DVD even though one is digital and one is analog?

Sure there are a number of ways. One EZ way is to connect the VCR to a DVD recorder (video stablizer might be needed). To the DVD recorder it is simply a video source (digital or analog makes no difference). If it is just a few tapes (and you don’t want to buy a DVD recorder) try a google search for the the movies (if movies) now on DVD.

Using [U]only[/U] software, well NO you need some way to capture the VCR video to your PC before you can burn to a DVD. I have done it with a Plextor ConvertX px-m402u but using my DVD recorder was less trouble.

Also there are companies who will do the task for you but it may cost ~ $10-12 per tape with shipping.

Thanks for the quick response. Don’t have a video recorder so my first impulse was software. What sort of problems/trouble did you encounter using Convertex? How’s the video/audio quality?

[QUOTE=baggman;2163833]Thanks for the quick response. Don’t have a video recorder so my first impulse was software. What sort of problems/trouble did you encounter using Convertex? How’s the video/audio quality?[/QUOTE]

Please note Plextor ConvertX is a hardware device - Video to PC by way of USB; not the software convertxtodvd.

excelent quality and many options.

you may find a video capture card that costs less.

Noted. Will research this product as well as some video capture cards. Have a great deal of VHS tapes, and this will help out a lot. Thanks again for your lead.

Link: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=plextor+convertx+pvr+px-tv402u&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=10131462689204503180&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&resnum=2&ct=result#ps-sellers

Plextor ConvertX PX-M402U is a real-time hardware digital video converter and editing device for Windows-based personal computers.

This easy to use device, with USB 2.0 interface, captures video from a wide range of sources - such as camcorders, DVD players, VCRs and television - and automatically converts the analogue video into a digital format for editing, authoring and recording on to media. With support for a variety of MPEG video/audio compression standards, including the latest MPEG-4 technology, the ConvertX PX-M402U is easily the most flexible and versatile product in the video converter market

Appreciate the details. Used the link you provide and was directected to overstock.com. Will use as a starting point for comparision/selection. You have been most helpful.