VCD's for dvd players

I was wondering if there is any way you can make it so a divx file will run on a regular dvd player. Is it possible?

hello

no absolut not

it is a very different way of playing

there is also no machine (except pc) that can play divx

anoniem

ofcourse just take winoncd en make videocd
the program covert your avi file to mpeg
than you just have to split this mpeg file because it is to big
to pu on on cd

look here

http://crash.to/DivX-Nederland

greetings

grumpy

anoniem
You are incorrect when you say this.

Smallarms
True a Divx disc will not run on a standard Dvd format player. If you have the file that you downloaded, usually its gonna to be in a .avi format. It can be converted through a number of processes, the way I usually convert a divx avi to a mpeg is to use a application call TMPGenc. It is actaully a Japanese program but there is a english version. You can go to www.vcdhelp.com for detailed instructions on how to convert Divx to MPeg for VCD which most DVD players will play. Be prepared to let your computer run for a while doing the conversion. Then you will probably need to split the file, in to 2 parts.

Hope this helps…

This is how I do it.
I start up nero and choose vcd, I load the divx in nero and as recorder I choose “image recorder”

It takes about 8houres on a PIII 1000 to convert.

Then if the file is to big I split it in 2 and burn it as vcd with nero again but this time I choose my cdwriter.

hope this helpes

nero has a svcd plugin
just drop the divx file on it
and out comes an svcd a few hours later
nice quality, does the sound…no thought required!

Originally posted by sarahjh69
nero has a svcd plugin
just drop the divx file on it
and out comes an svcd a few hours later
nice quality, does the sound…no thought required!

Isn’t this what I said???

Originally posted by anoniem
[B]hello

no absolut not

it is a very different way of playing

there is also no machine (except pc) that can play divx

anoniem [/B]

Hmm… I can remember a standalone DivX player. I saw it a year ago somewhere, so no link sorry! :wink:
Anyway, it was a tryout and they even made a few DivX movies that where labeled with DivX on it!

Edit:

found this one! (link dead? it’s geocities, sorry)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Software/3691/DivxOS/

Not many actaul DIVx players around, but it would be interesting to make a Divx :wink: player!!!

It shouldn’t be so hard should it? They make MP3’s work in a DVD player, so the DVD player has a MP3 decoder, right?
Now all it needs is a MPEG4 decoder aswell, right?

But like I said, I can remember there was a DivX player (standalone), but what happend with it, don’t know! (It wasn’t in stores, only beta model)

Is it possible to watch SVCD movies on my PC, or just on a standalone DVD-player???

GTZ WijB@ :confused:

you can watch it on both, with the pc use powerdvd or windvd, and if you want to watch it on a standalone player make sure its plays that format, and even then sometimes it wont work, or so i hear.

yes. supplies needed:

tinfoil
metal shears
PC with Divx codec.
silver tape

1. unplug your regular DVD player
  2. cut along the planar intersections of your deck until you have six panels
  3. using liberal amounts of silver tape, fasten five of the six panels of your DVD player to corresponding sides of your computer case
  4. fold tinfoil into hat
  5. insert divx movie CD into PC
  6. wear hat to prevent them from hearing your paranoia

voilia. Divx CD now playing inside regular DVD player. :smiley:

Originally posted by GoodSean
Divx CD now playing inside regular DVD player. :smiley:

Wow, this is cool! I want that too! Do you have a construction scheme (ya know, with pictures etc.) because I can not really comprehend the steps you mention above. Especially the step about the tinfoil hat, I tried that part already, but nothing happened… :confused:

:smiley:

Originally posted by GoodSean
1) unplug your regular DVD player
2) cut along the planar intersections of your deck until you have six panels
3) using liberal amounts of silver tape, fasten five of the six panels of your DVD player to corresponding sides of your computer case
4) fold tinfoil into hat
5) insert divx movie CD into PC
6) wear hat to prevent them from hearing your paranoia

Don’t think I will mess with my $500 DVD player…

But it is cool to see some have accomplished this!

WOW it worked