Vcd?

which setting for reading and writing should I use to clone a vcd disc??? gamecd,multimediacd or audiocd???
what must the setting be then???

For what software program m8? if you already converted to VCD then use Nero and burn as VCD. You can also use VCDEasy.

VCDEasy: http://www.vcdeasy.org/
note You get much BETTER video quality going SVCD route :smiley:

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

What he wants to know is which profile to use in CloneCD 4.0x to make a copy of a VCD. I’ve never used CloneCD for this specific purpose, but I would think that Data CD or Multimedia CD would work fine. Just try it t111645.

Originally posted by Prowler
…but I would think that Data CD or Multimedia CD would work fine. Just try it t111645.
Correct. Agree :wink:

ConeCD NOT recommended to burn VCD but if you wan’t o, go for it m8. Most people that I know than burn SVCD or VCD use VCDEasy or Nero :smiley: You’ll need to tick "read sub-q data and audio in read and “don’t repair subchannel” in write. Read& write at 4x.

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

(Shoebedobedoo, I think you got your math slightly off track… )

Data cd profile works fine without reading subs, only options I would ever recommend(and which I have used) would be to disable or set to auto fast error skip, and “Regenerate Data Sectors”.

While reading subs do no harm, on some things, e.g. my Sony writer, it automatically enables FES… but you already knew that.

(Only disc on which I had to read subs etc was on one made by one of my friends with Dazzle VCD Creator… he managed to get ISRC Codes and a lot of other unnecessary junk on the CD(unnecessary 'cos he was converting a marriage function video only and not anything else)).

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo
[B]ConeCD NOT recommended to burn VCD but if you wan’t o, go for it m8. Most people that I know than burn SVCD or VCD use VCDEasy or Nero :smiley: You’ll need to tick "read sub-q data and audio in read and “don’t repair subchannel” in write. Read& write at 4x.

Shoebedobedoo :cool: [/B]
m8, I have told you before not to post nonsense. VCD is data. Forget read sub-q data and audio, and P-W writes, OK? Also 4x write is also nonsense; if there is any Red Book Audio then 8x for unreliable readers and max for others especially Plextors. Write at max always.

Thus being the case then why instruct t111 to use any cd burnin’ program and do a cd copy to copy? I’ve burned VCD and SVCD at max (24x) and ended up watching a “wobbled” screen. I’ve read at Doom9 and other reliable forums it is recommended not to burn over 8x for VCD, SVCD, and DivX (movies). CloneCD is fine for cd dup, but I prefer VCDEasy. If VCD& SVCD is data, then why do I have the option using Nero to burn “as” VCD or SVCD? (after encoding). Using CloneCD to burn an encoded SVCD, VCD or DivX clip “should” fall under the category multimedia, not data??

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

For simple cloning, just use audio or data cd.

Audio is probably more appropriate. Subs aren’t required.

You can also use ignore read errors since a few errors on a VCD are barely noticable.

Lower read speed is often insignificant, but may result in less read errors. I haven’t found this to be the case yet, with any hardware.

Write speed, just use the appropriate write speed for the media you are using. I find 16x is fine for everything, even crap media, but I have yet to see any significance between cdr written at 2/4/8/16 versus higher speed. If you wanted a good quality burn Buy a plextor HUH.

AS for the rest of the bitching :cop:, Multimedia CD is used for multisession cd’s only. You really don’t need all the extra crap enabled where their are multiple sesions, cos Audio cd’s have the first session for Audio cd players, and the second/3rd/etc sessions for Data, so computers can have video/screensavers/etc.
Audio CD players only read the 1st session, and can’t see any other sessions.

But pretty sure the other profiles will work with it anyway, so long as you burn DAO.

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo
[B]I’ve read at Doom9 and other reliable forums it is recommended not to burn over 8x for VCD, SVCD, and DivX (movies). CloneCD is fine for cd dup, but I prefer VCDEasy. If VCD& SVCD is data, then why do I have the option using Nero to burn “as” VCD or SVCD? (after encoding). Using CloneCD to burn an encoded SVCD, VCD or DivX clip “should” fall under the category multimedia, not data??

Shoebedobedoo, the totally anti-:cool: [/B]

VCDEASY only generates a CD image for a VCD or SVCD from an MPEG file. It is not used for Duplicatng in any way.

VCDEASY will burn a generated image using CDR DAO which is the predecessor to CDRWIN. This program is SO old that it supports very little of the new hardware anyway.

My way of making SVCD’s:

Use DVD2SVCD to make appropriate bin/cue files.
Burn these on media using CDRWIN 3.9b-e at 4x recording.

If I want a copy of the “original” SVCD, I use CloneCD Data profile with nothing ticked other than “Close last Session”.

Originally posted by debro
[B]

VCDEASY only generates a CD image for a VCD or SVCD from an MPEG file. It is not used for Duplicatng in any way.

VCDEASY will burn a generated image using CDR DAO which is the predecessor to CDRWIN. This program is SO old that it supports very little of the new hardware anyway. [/B]

Sorry, but that is wrong on both accounts.
VCDEasy can well be used for duplicating (S)VCDs, if you understand the program. Also, CDR DAO will support many up to date burners, to mention liteon and plextor.

Yes, but what is the poinbt of extracting an mpeg from a (s)vcd just to put it back onto a (s)vcd?

Just do a straight clone.

I use Nero to copy VCD & SVCD on the fly @ 40X
or cloneCD on the fly and clone will do it at about 32X-40X

Well, only this morning I copied a SVCD using CloneCD. I used Data CD profile and burned the CD at max speed using my Lite-on 48125S. Hope this helps.