VCD to DVD

vbimport

I have 4 VCD dat files. Can someone tell me how I can get them on DVD with a menu that will let the person select which film to view? I want these to play on standard DVD player rather than a PC. I am using a Pioneer A03 burner. Needs to be idiot proof:)
TIA;)

Uhm, lets see, idiot proof… Not possible.

Try Nero Burning Rom. I have version 5.5. In the Create VideoCD menu, it lets you create a small menu.

PS. My Nero program is legit, bought it for $59.99. That’s something I can be proud of! (Because that’s my only legit CD :wink: )

OK I dont think I am putting this right. I dont want to create a video CD, I want to create a DVD from four VCD’s. This means taking the dat files that are on the VCD and placing them somehow on a DVD with a menu that will allow the user to select which film to watch or the DVD player to choose. Is this possible? It must play on a stand a lone DVD player as a DVD and I am using a Pioneer A03 to do the job. Someone must know the answer to this???

OR…take at least one VCD and make it into a DVD. Also if I rip a DVD using smart ripper, how do I get the files on to a DVD so that they play on a stand alone DVD player? I ask a lot but when I know the answers I will gladly help others::):cool: :smiley:

Originally posted by stevken
OR…take at least one VCD and make it into a DVD. Also if I rip a DVD using smart ripper, how do I get the files on to a DVD so that they play on a stand alone DVD player? I ask a lot but when I know the answers I will gladly help others::):cool: :smiley:

Can be done. You’ll need a DVD authoring software … like the Sonic DVDit! or DVD Fusion. The program allow you to import in any AVI/MPG or DAT/MOV/MPEG-II sequence, and encode to VCD/DVD format … you have the choices over the bandwidth, video format, audio format (PCM or AC3)… and you can even add the interactive menus, special features … all you can found in a commercial DVD. After everything is done, you can burn to a DVD-RW with the standard DVD video layout.

You can also burn the DVD structure on a CD-R. I tried that with a re-encoded 30 mins video with 5.1 channel … the results are acceptable.

Cheers.