VCD -----> DVD help

Hi ALL

Plain and simple i have a VCD here i would like to put to DVD-r how would i go about this and with what software ??. I have a Sony DRU 500ax burner. Thanx for ALL the help.

KEN :bow:

Demux the VCD with TMPGenc to get its Video & Audio file. You will need to convert the 44.1khz audio to 48.0 khz audio and to AC3 for DVD compliance. BeSweet plus its GUI will do this in one go for you. Then you can author in SpruceUp, Maestro, DVDLab, etc and finally burn out with Nero or RNMax.

Read some of the tutorials here on how to do most of these steps.

vcdeasy and (s)vcd2dvd are nice tools

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com
does it all for you…except the aythoring of the dvd
(also patches your movies so the dvd player reqonizes it as a dvd compatible disk)

By the way…don’t you think it is cheaper to put vcd on a normal cd instead of a dvd-r. Also because of the bad quality of a vcd.
But this is just my opinion

:wink:

Hey

Thanx for the reply damiandimitri & chickemman , i agree that it would be better to keep it on a CDr but it is not for me it is for a friend who has this VCD but would like it on DVD for some reason … strange some people … never mind thanx for the advice …

KEN:bow:

ok…
im trying to svcd to dvd…
i split the files audio from video… made the audio 48khz or whatever it needs to be… and used IFOEDIT to create the correct vob’s and ifo’s and what not…
burned with nero, and WHALAH it works, but its shifted to the right about 1/4 of the screen… the audio seems to be in sync, but the shift, and digitalization occurs…
what could this be?
thanks

Originally posted by hed_strosity
… and WHALAH it works, but its shifted to the right about 1/4 of the screen…

I hate to tell you m8, but WHALAH, it DIDN’T work !

Dont expect a SVCD just simply authored to a DVDR to play in all DVD Players. Its a total mixed bag of results. The ONLY way to guarrentee perfect playback is to re-encode to true DVD compliance.

@hed_strosity

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com/

try the above and i think it will be solved

depending on the screen size of the svcd …somethings need to be patched to fool some standalone dvd players
Svcd2dvd does this all with 1 (or 3) clicks.

Originally posted by ChickenMan
[B]
I hate to tell you m8, but WHALAH, it DIDN’T work !

Dont expect a SVCD just simply authored to a DVDR to play in all DVD Players. Its a total mixed bag of results. The ONLY way to guarrentee perfect playback is to re-encode to true DVD compliance. [/B]

:smiley:
whalah it DID WORK :a … :bigsmile:

well it played at least :cool: … maybe not properly, but it played in my stand alone…

i forgot what i used, but i combined 2 svcd discs, and am now using the svcd2dvdmpeg software…
after that all i need to do is re-author it?
i dont have the plus version so it doesnt re-author itself, i need another program for that…
thanks again

@hed_strosity

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com/

try the above and i think it will be solved

depending on the screen size of the svcd …somethings need to be patched to fool some standalone dvd players
Svcd2dvd does this all with 1 (or 3) clicks.

thanks alot man…

ok, i just finished the svcd2dvdmpeg…
this is what it says

[i]Starting (S)VCD2DVDMPG
Begin time: 1:02:39 AM

— File details:
C:\Documents and Settings\Hed\Desktop\BAM 1 FILE\bruce.mpg
Mpeg 2 Program Stream File [Video/Audio]
Muxrate : 2.29 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 01:32:17.63s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Video Format: PAL
Size [480 x 576] 25.00 fps 2.47 Mbps
Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
224 kbps 44100 Hz
Stereo, No emphasis

******** Demultipexing original mpg files (step 1 of 3)
Using:
“C:\Program Files\ChrissyBoy(S)VCD2DVDMPG\mpgtx.exe” -b “C:\Documents and Settings\Hed\Desktop\BAM 1 FILE\bruce” -d “C:\Documents and Settings\Hed\Desktop\BAM 1 FILE\bruce.mpg”"

******** Resampling audio from 44.1 KHz to 48 KHz (step 2 of 3)
Using:
“C:\Program Files\ChrissyBoy(S)VCD2DVDMPG\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe” -core( -input “C:\Documents and Settings\Hed\Desktop\BAM 1 FILE\bruce-0.mp2” -output “C:\Documents and Settings\Hed\Desktop\BAM 1 FILE\bruce_DVD.mpa” ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -m s -b 224 -e )"

******** Patching video stream sequence headers (step 3 of 3)

— File details:
C:\Documents and Settings\Hed\Desktop\BAM 1 FILE\bruce_DVD.mpv
Mpeg 2 Video File
Estimated Duration: 01:17:19.41s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Video Format: PAL
Display Size [480 x 576]
Size [352 x 576] 25.00 fps 2.47 Mbps

============ Complete ============

============ Duration: 00:21:50.1406250[/i]

so now i have 2 files xxx_DVD and xxx_DVD … theyre both labeled the same?

is one audio and video? what should i do next with those two?
thanks… i used ifo edit on those and that how i got the crooked and gigitized results before…

thanks

:confused:

did you chose bin->es?? or mpeg to es??

(if you chose mpeg to es…rip the movie from cd with vcdeasy)

it will give a mpa (audio) and a mpv (video) file
those 2 files you put in the authoring program

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]did you chose bin->es?? or mpeg to es??

(if you chose mpeg to es…rip the movie from cd with vcdeasy)

it will give a mpa (audio) and a mpv (video) file
those 2 files you put in the authoring program [/B]

i chose mpg to es…

it gave me the two files when it was done, but theres no file extensions… its just BRUCE_DVD and BRUCE_DVD
i know which one is audio and which is by playing them…
even if i turn file extensions on in folder options it still doesnt show it…
i tried using spruce up, but it doesnt seem to like those files… shows nothing but a black screen… ive used spruce up before too when i converted a divx to dvd… thats why im kinda lost right now…

thanks again
whats the easiest, simplest, authoring program to use?:rolleyes:

get the demo of dvd-lab

it is easy

:slight_smile: one software will do the job for u is dvd movie factory 2
rip the mpegs of ya cds with vcdgear
start up dvd movie factory 2 add video and select the mpeg u ripped of ya cd at this point u can even make a little menu for it
only 1 draw back with svcd is that it takes about 6 hours 2 covert in vobs yet it will do vcd in about a hour even as its own burning enigne :bigsmile:
what could be easier:bow:

svcd2dvd (guess) 10 minutes
dvd-lab (with simple menu) 15 minutes
burning 20 minutes

dvd-lab is very easy
import mpa and mpv , pull the play button in the menu field
, rickt click on the play button and connect it to the movie.

then transform the project to dvd.

thanks fellas… ill play around some more today and let you guys know my results…

:smiley:

ok… i used the tmpgENC to prep it for dvd…
im not sure exactly what it did except for making a 1.5gb file a little over 3gb…
dvd-lab still reported the audio was incorrect and it transcoded it to 48khz…
created simple menus, chapters, and then authored it… burned with nero and WHOLAH…
it came out perfect…
when i used the svcd2dvdmpg to make it a dvd compliant format it would be digitized and off center… thats why i used the tmpgENC…
came out really nice…
thanks for all the help