VCD Burning Speeds

vbimport

Hi All,

Using latest Nero and Ulead I cannot burn a VCD or SVCD faster than 4X.
I am using 32X Intenso CDR and a Freecom 8 speed CD Writer.

Clone CD works fine at 8X

Any suggestions where I should be looking first ?

I was considering buying a Lite-on 48X writer but see no point if I can't burn VCD's at faster than 4X

Thanx

in all honesty, 48x would be a little fast for vcd’s anyway. the HIGHEST i’d risk one is 12x, and that’d be pushing it.

parhaps you run the trial version of nero or that other program?

I have never heard of Intenso media , but it could be that your Freecom 8 speed writer cannot determine what’s the best speed to use them.

Do you have “determine maximum speed” setting on in nero ?
If so , turn it off and see what it does.

Also , post a logfile here , where it says that it only writes to 4x for somewhat reason.

is there anything wrong in burning vcd’s at 48x…

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
I have never heard of Intenso media

Never heard of them (made by Prodisc)??:confused: That’s strange… They’re pretty popular around here. My personal opinion is that they’re crappy media. My friends though had good results with them. Don’t think that the media is the problem… You’re not able to burn faster than 4x only when you’re trying to burn (S)VCD’s?

Thats Right.
The intenso disks work fine for clone CD & blindwrite etc.

Whenever I try 8X then I get an error message along the lines of ‘failed to write to CD’. This can happen at various stages of a burn.

Only failsafe way is for me to burn at 4X which never gives me problems…just that they take too long.

I have tried shutting down all background app’s and this help some of the time.

If people are burning VCD’s at high speeds then I will probably go for a new burner and buy the 48X Lite-On.

Originally posted by Nobby B
[B]Thats Right.
The intenso disks work fine for clone CD & blindwrite etc.

Whenever I try 8X then I get an error message along the lines of ‘failed to write to CD’. This can happen at various stages of a burn.

Only failsafe way is for me to burn at 4X which never gives me problems…just that they take too long.

I have tried shutting down all background app’s and this help some of the time.

If people are burning VCD’s at high speeds then I will probably go for a new burner and buy the 48X Lite-On. [/B]

Have you ever tried burning with Nero anything else, except (S)VCD’s… I don’t think this is caused because you’re burning VCD’s, but maybe this is a failure of Nero. What version of Nero are you using and have you ever tried burning with EZCD??

Nero will burn standard ISO’s at 8X - it is just VCD & SVCD I have trouble with.

I have Nero 5.5.7.2

I tried a while ago to get EZCD to work but had major problms with something or other. I am not very PC literate so gave up in the end.

ULead’s DVD Workshop is excellent - just that O have the same problem on this also.

I am really tempted to just buy the new writer for £50

Originally posted by Nobby B
I am really tempted to just buy the new writer for £50

Why buying it? :confused: As you say Nero has the problem not your CDRW… I don’t think if you buy that new CDRW wil correct anything.