vBulletin 3.0.0

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=632196

When do we get the update?

Thanks,
Chris

Well I know they’ve been looking for a php developer for awhile… Not sure if that has any bearing on upgrading the forum.

Da_Taxman??? What say you!?

If CDF wants a PHP developer, talk to DanDaMan1487. Seen his work, its nice.

www.luxorspecialties.com

Believe those are the right links, check em out.

Well, being a vBulletin Administrator myself, I can say first hand that if you can navigate through the Administrator Control Panel, you can also upgrade to vBulletin 3… It is just a lengthy process… And from what I can tell this board doesn’t have very many (if any) modifications to it aside from the style. The process would be pretty simple for any of the Administrators…

A possible reason that they have not upgraded since version 2.3.2 is they probably own a license, and just ahve not renewed their Membership… It is something that must be paid in year in order to access the upgrades.

Originally posted by wesociety
Da_Taxman??? What say you!?

Only time will tell :wink:

I thought we just did an update a few weeks ago…

VB 3 has some nice features. But I’m not a real big fan of the forums setup. We run it on 2 sites that I admin at. The Admin control panel is nice.

Originally posted by snv202
VB 3 has some nice features. But I’m not a real big fan of the forums setup. We run it on 2 sites that I admin at. The Admin control panel is nice.

Shhhhhhhhh…they dont need ideas! :wink:

We have it up and running for several weeks now on a seperate location but there are some issues I’m not really happy with yet. We changed the entire layout of the board and need to get some of the modifications we use here to get to work till we switch.

It’s a very, very lenghty process to install it. Took me nearly 3 hours because we simply have a large database (about 1 GB) that needs to be converted.

Well, hope we get to see what the new version is like pretty soon!!!:bigsmile:

BTW, are you getting people to test it and report bugs? If so, I wouldn’t mind testing it. LOL:bigsmile:

Now that I have actually seen it in use on sites such as amdforums.com, I dont like the layout as much as everyone said. Newer is not always better, but hey, times change. Good luck with the upgrade Jan and keep us updated! :iagree: