Various New DVD Burner Firmwares (US0A, GS0F, ES0K)

Hello, wow, a bunch of unexpected new official firmwares:

SOHW-812S: US0A - Changing Booktype support *nevermind, not yet.

LDW-851S: GS0F - Match More Media

LDW-401S - ES0K - Changing Booktype support finally!

Enjoy everyone!

Wow! Some nice news for everyone. Good to know they added bit setting support to the 812S so fast. I’m assuming they must have made some other improvements in the 812S firmware as well…

dvdinfo says it still dont work for me

Which drive are you using?
You are using the newest BookType.exe version 1.0.4 right?
Did you follow these instructions carefully?

Sorry for the double post :o , i was so exited to finally see new firmwares i forgot to check :wink:

btw, i still use 1.0.0 for booktype setting, is the lite-on version any better?

No problem, it’s not the first time it’s happend :smiley:

I don’t think so. I was just wondering if perhaps 1.0.4 is required for the 812S so that is why I asked.

A bit odd that the 851s has a firmware update but the 451 does not (considering the drives are identical)

Maybe that means that the new 851 fw only adds new 8x media?

Just a thought…

Thats great news for 812S owners… Bitsetting support arrived just in time before I got the new drive… Cant wait to test it out…

hmm sorry for soundin a bit noob but when i run GS0F firmware, my 451S@851S with GS0C does not say ‘this is not a 451S drive’ etc and i can flash but scared might damage… do i still need to patch this firmware with the 851S tool? or can i just run it?

cheeers

Bitsetting STILL does NOT work for 812s. I just upgraded to us0a and tried to change the booktype of a dvd+rw. I started booktype 1.0.4, changed booktype to DVD-Rom, completely erased my DVD+RW and then burned it - booktype is still DVD+RW (checked in the 812s and my Toshiba DVD-Rom). Exactly the same procedure worked on my 811s, so I guess that the firmware is still faulty.

In addition, I tested a brand new DVD+RW. Changed the booktype to DVD-Rom, burned with Nero 6303, checked on 2 drives: Booktype still DVD+RW. I did not close the booktype utility while burning. When I click on “query” after the burn, it says DVD-Rom. When I eject and re-insert the DVD-Rom and check with DVD Info Pro it still says DVD+RW.

Can anyone confirm success with this new firmware and bit setting on the 812S?

I just tried to apply LDW 851s firmware GS0C on my 812s drive because I need bitsetting. Unfortunately, the led is flashing orange. So I need a cracked GS0C.bin. The Polish website is down, so could any1 send me the patcher to this E-Mail address, please:

easy-going-man@lycos.de

I have found the patcher and successfully flashed firmware GS0C on my 812s. I am currently erasing a DVD+RW and tell you if it works.

Okay, here are my results:

Bitsetting with 812s @ US0A does NOT work - no error message but booktype is still DVD+

Bitsetting with 812s @ cracked GS0C DOES work without problems.

So I conclude that it is still a firmware issue.

Worked just fine once I fixed the exe to enable a successful update.

You cannot simply update with the stock firmware without patching it first to write to the 451 even if it has already been OC’d to an 851S (GS0C0… The infamous orange blinking LED otherwise…

and it burns just fine and dandy at 8X +RW.

Just adding my 2 cents!..

Ugh, this is disappointing for 812S owners… If this is true, LiteOn has once again screwed up by claiming something the drive doesnt perform… If there is a problem I hope its solved soon…

Anyone that cannot get bit setting to work with GS0A please email LiteOn and let them know.

TW_Service@liteonit.com

If anyone does get it working, let us know.

I already told them about the bitsetting issue in us0a.

It is the firmware, undoubtedly. When they don’t fix it, I will use 851s firmware.

Originally posted by Ssseth
Which drive are you using?
You are using the newest BookType.exe version 1.0.4 right?
Did you follow these instructions carefully?

812s, yes i know how to change setting, im not a freakin idiot. and i tried both versions of the book utility, and it dont work.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
[B]I just tried to apply LDW 851s firmware GS0C on my 812s drive because I need bitsetting. Unfortunately, the led is flashing orange. So I need a cracked GS0C.bin. The Polish website is down, so could any1 send me the patcher to this E-Mail address, please:

easy-going-man@lycos.de [/B]

Yes indeed I had the same problem, the only manner that I found is to take the firmware in the form of file bin and of flasher the engraver with ltnfw