Firstly, great site and starting to learn a few things.
I'm now at a point where I want to start burning my DVDs to decent medium and have bought my first two cakes of Taiyo Yuden 8x (Master Grade they call it).
There just seems so much information to try and absorb and would like honest advice on dvd burners and what I should be using for best results.
I have over the years accumulated a collection of drives but have been burning DVDs since 1999 (burning PS1 games back in the day).
I've never worried about media or brand of burners in the past but must admit I've always seemed to stay with Pioneer and why, I'm not sure, perhaps it just always seem to burn without any issues.
So fast forward to 2013 and now I'm wanting to burn good quality burns with good media. Who knows why now after all this time lol ... Maybe it's just a hobby thing as much as learning about burns and scans etc...
So, I've compiled a list of burners (BD-R and DVD) that I currently own.
I do have a coule of bluray burners but thought BD-R media would have come down in price a lot quicker than it has, so I'm happy to still burn to DVD and hopefully concentrate more on BD media and burning when the price point is more attractive. (I'm in Australia)
What would (from the list) be decent hardware to burn on or what has had a good reputation , if any of them do.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Soooo.......here are the device:
- Pioneer DVR 109BK - man 4/2005 PATA
- Pioneer DVR 115DBK - man 12/2007 PATA
- Pioneer DVR A11XLB - man 2/2006 PATA
- Pioneer DVR 212BK - man 2/2007 SATA
- Pioneer DVR 109BK - man 04/2005 PATA
- Pioneer DVR 110BK - man 9/2005 PATA
- Pioneer DVR 212BK - man 7/2007
- Pioneer DVR 215BK - man 2/2008 SATA
- Pioneer BDR205
- Pioneer BDCS02BK
- Asus DRW1814BLT
- BenQ DW1650 - man 12/2005 PATA
- LG GH22NS30 - man 10/2008 SATA
- Samsung SHD162D - man 4/2009 PATA (for xbox360 read discs)
- Samsung SH-S182 - man 11/2006 PATA
- Samsung SD616 - man 12/2001 PATA (think DVD ROM only)
(for nostalgic reasons)
- liteon cdr ltr 4812sw - man 5/2002
- Kodak Mitsumi CR4801TE - man 10/1998