V9.0.0.4 Ripper Omits Sound

vbimport

Latest version of DVDFab9 (and previous version) ends up without audio when converting an iso file to iPad format - Blu-ray and Standard.
The strange thing about this is if you play the file back using DVDFab Media Server the sound exists but if you use any other player i.e. Windows Media Player, PowerDVD 12, iPad 3 it’s missing. I tried this on 2 separate computers with the same result.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I need to do/install on my end to resolve this? The sound is obviously embedded in the file for DVDFab Media Player to reproduce it.

DVDFab v9 isn’t ready for full public release yet and it’s only a test version.

There are many problems that are being worked on as it’s still in the development stage.

Unless you’re wanting to take part in the testing process you’d probably be best going back to version 8 until they release version 9 officially.

Version 8 is also more up to date with regard to protections.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I fully understand it’s in Beta and they no doubt have their hands full with the reported problems. I maintain the latest version of 8 also for day to day stuff.
v9 seems to do a better job with captions than v8. My being hard of hearing, that’s an important feature for me which makes me anxious for a resolution. Of course without sound it’s pretty useless as a file to be saved in my library.
In addition, I’m also an engineer and curious why the converted file would work fine with the DVDFab Media Player and no others.

[QUOTE=servtrkr;2660961]I fully understand it’s in Beta and they no doubt have their hands full with the reported problems. I maintain the latest version of 8 also for day to day stuff.
v9 seems to do a better job with captions than v8. My being hard of hearing, that’s an important feature for me which makes me anxious for a resolution. Of course without sound it’s pretty useless as a file to be saved in my library.
In addition, I’m also an engineer and curious why the converted file would work fine with the DVDFab Media Player and no others.[/QUOTE]

That’s a good question.

I don’t know for certain but I’d imagine there’s something non-standard about the way DVDFab has processed the audio streams.

I’ll make sure the DVDFab team is aware of this particular issue for you though and hopefully they’ll get a chance to tackle this soon.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I wild guess based on my own experiences with Handbrake and Windows Media Player and the loss of sound:

Does your DVD/BD by any chance contain audio tracks with an [I]undefined[/I] language code?