V5 & write speed

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I force BW v5 to write at a specific speed?

I have a batch of CD-Rs that only work at 4x write speed - no matter what software I use that’s the speed I have to use for these disks, but I can’t see where in BW to force it like I used to with v4.

Cheers,
Taomyn

No way yet sorry

Ah, isn’t it nice when a product takes a backward step in its evolution. Darwin would be amazed.

Any chance of adding back any other missing v4 features? Some of us, and probably the majority of BW users, have an intelligence factor above newbie, and find these sorts of restrictions so very annoying!

Why not have a “Simple” and “Advanced” mode similar to Ahead’s Nero StartSmart?

there isnt a simple mode and an advance mode because most people, nomather how newbie they are will always belive the simple mode isn’t for them (that is for people that doesnt know how to use the windows start button) and will chose advance mode. when they get stuck, because they dont know how to configure blindwrite they start complaining to VSO and of course VSO will have to help the them, which in turn means less time for developing bw and c2dvd

but this is just my humble opinion
maybe, just maybe they will release a more advance bw when the times is right, but thats again just my humble opinion

Originally posted by Taomyn
[B]Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I force BW v5 to write at a specific speed?

I have a batch of CD-Rs that only work at 4x write speed - no matter what software I use that’s the speed I have to use for these disks, but I can’t see where in BW to force it like I used to with v4.

Cheers,
Taomyn [/B]

its going to be in the bw5tweaker soon right r!co??..which is esentially the advanced mode for bw5.

I agree with genjai, that a lot of people will probably try the advanced option, even though they shouldn’t, which probably will slow down developement because of the increasing demand of support.
But I would personally be very happy if I could switch to an advanced mode where I would be able to turn off Autoplay and disable features like topography reading, and set the writing speed myself. In short, be able to manipulate as many settings as possible - within reasonable limits. I would be perfectly satisfied with an advanced mode with an exclaimer stating that you will be on your very own if you use it.
I think such a mode also would make it easier for people, willing to experiment, to assist VSO in developing even better support for different writers and copy protections.

That’s just my opinion.

Originally posted by Rodini
[B]I agree with genjai, that a lot of people will probably try the advanced option, even though they shouldn’t, which probably will slow down developement because of the increasing demand of support.
But I would personally be very happy if I could switch to an advanced mode where I would be able to turn off Autoplay and disable features like topography reading, and set the writing speed myself. In short, be able to manipulate as many settings as possible - within reasonable limits. I would be perfectly satisfied with an advanced mode with an exclaimer stating that you will be on your very own if you use it.
I think such a mode also would make it easier for people, willing to experiment, to assist VSO in developing even better support for different writers and copy protections.

That’s just my opinion. [/B]

whats wrong with just using the tweaker its free and is basically a advanced setting for bw5??

Well… I haven’t tried it yet, but I will probably have a look at it.

But… I saw lapinou’s reaction in the tweaker thread, and I didn’t get the impression that he was jumping up and down out of pure joy and excitement over a 3rd party tool like the tweaker.
Maybe he has changed his mind now, maybe he hasn’t.
Normally I prefer using built in functions, that the author of a program has implemented. Or using a tool that is accepted by the author.
The best thing might be if VSO would give their blessings to R!Co and let him continue his work undisturbed. That way they could give the so called advanced users what they want, and still disclaim any support to those using the tweaker.

Stating this, my current attitude to the tweaker would be: If VSO doesn’t like it, I don’t like it, even though I might be forced to use it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it will be soon

there isnt a simple mode and an advance mode because most people, nomather how newbie they are will always belive the simple mode isn’t for them

so true :wink:

Originally posted by Rodini
[B]Well… I haven’t tried it yet, but I will probably have a look at it.

But… I saw lapinou’s reaction in the tweaker thread, and I didn’t get the impression that he was jumping up and down out of pure joy and excitement over a 3rd party tool like the tweaker.
Maybe he has changed his mind now, maybe he hasn’t.
Normally I prefer using built in functions, that the author of a program has implemented. Or using a tool that is accepted by the author.
The best thing might be if VSO would give their blessings to R!Co and let him continue his work undisturbed. That way they could give the so called advanced users what they want, and still disclaim any support to those using the tweaker.

Stating this, my current attitude to the tweaker would be: If VSO doesn’t like it, I don’t like it, even though I might be forced to use it… :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

i beleive they are ok with the tweaker, or it wouldnt be in a sticky up top. I think lapinou sometimes gets confused with english at least it seems he does sometimes…maybe you just read him wrong. I think his only problem with it was he didnt want to support it for technical problems.

but i would still agree with you that it would be nice to manually control the read and write speed at least of bw5 because of media issues and your cdrw not recognizing the media speed correctly. currently when i use my ultra speed cdrw media in bw5 it burns it at 4x speed in my asus drive…the media is designed for 8x-32x speed.