V5 Key

:confused:

Hello all I was just wondering if anyone else was having a problem getting the V5 key sent to there email. I have tried to get it resent numerous times and have not had any luck. I get the same message

E-mail sent successfully
The registration key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. If you cannot receive the e-mail in 24 hours, please contact us.

every time

I tried to doing the contact us and they just send me back to the place to get the key. Anyone have any ideas on getting this issue resolved.

Hi Chris,

Make sure you use same email address as when you requested version 3 or 4 key. I received my key in about 30 seconds.

Checked spam filter? :slight_smile:

Mine was lightning quick also.

It happens pretty quick.

I think Arachne’s right on…check your junk/spam mail.

Yeah, my first attempt was trapped by the spam filter on the server.

I have no spam filter on the email server that I am using. Is there any other way for this to get sent

go back and try getting the e-mail with the option checked that you can’t receive atachments.

I know, I know I know . . . you CAN receive attachments ------------

but for some reason checking this option makes the e-mail come almost instantly for some people. I had the same problem as you for almost an hour before I tried it.

[quote=DARKSHARKX;2048180]go back and try getting the e-mail with the option checked that you can’t receive atachments.

I know, I know I know . . . you CAN receive attachments ------------

but for some reason checking this option makes the e-mail come almost instantly for some people. I had the same problem as you for almost an hour before I tried it.[/quote]

Tried this already also. It just is not getting to me

I have exactly the same problem. I am pretty sure it is not the spam filter since I own the mail server and I have looked in the place where the spam should go. I have also checked the mail logs and found no attempted emails from dvdfab or avangate.com.

Email support and ask them to send it manually. Tell them the problem you are having–there may be a typo in the registered email address that is bouncing back to them. Give them all the details you can as to when purchased, email address etc. It may take them a day or two for the manual search to get back to you.

Well, I sending email to support a few days ago, but I haven’t heard a reply yet, so either they are extremely busy and have falled behind, or for some reason mail between them and me just isn’t going through.

To see whether it was an email problem, I tried changing my email address. It seems my address is on file, but my order number is not. I have all of the original emails from when I purchased DVDFab platinum, but I don’t have a correspondence address to straighten this out.

OK I got it finally! :slight_smile: So all is well. I ended up using a different email provider to get the email.

Yea. Thats what I ended up doing. It took a few tries to get it to work, but eventually the email change went through and I got my key instantly.