V4.x, & 1:1 backups?

vbimport

I finally decided to get into the backup game, when my dog trashed one of my CDs (r.i.p. rune! :() Anyway, I was playing around with the latest CloneCD & clony XXL, and was backing up my Freedom Force CD, and I got just a few questions I hope someone can answer.

Here is what I know so far (oh, using a liteone 32x12x40)
Move to Canada (or use util) to disable AWS,
After reading the CD, I dumped it out to a CDRW, and using default gamecd settings, or using clonyxxl settings, I am able to run game if the CD ATIP check is disabled ONLY (I think it is called hide media).
Anyway, am I correct in stating that there is no way to get around the SD 2.5 (2.6?) ATIP check besides using that util OR playing the game on a normal CDrom drive?

Or, am I missing something in making a 1:1 pure backup?

TIA!

your burner should be supported by clonecd

look on their webside if it is able to copy safedisk

www.elby.de or www.elby.ch

Um, it is supported, but more specifically, is there any way to kill ATIP info on the CDR? I know what it is used for (speed rating, maker, length), but I don’t know where on the CDR(or cdrw) it is located?

I was thinking if it is located on the hub, then you could physically damage it, so when it looks, it just finds ‘unknown’ (like a pressed CD). Or maybe use the magic markers to “hide” the info. :slight_smile:

I searched all day, and I can’t seem to locate this info.

it can not be damaged…you need to use the hide cd function of clone cd

but perhaps you can find more advise on the lite-on forum…and there are some sticky threads which advise some good settings for clonecd/lite-on

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41618

“Here is what I know so far (oh, using a liteone 32x12x40)
Move to Canada (or use util) to disable AWS”

Don’t use AWS with your LiteOn because it can do correct EFM encoding and you get better results than with AWS.

Its located in close to the rim (ATIP info), and there is no way to “kill” it, trying to will render the CD unusuble before or after writing to it. CD recorders need such info to set their parameters for that particular medium. The only known solution (to date) is to read in a non-CD-RW drive or some sort of “Hide CD-R/W media” as found in CCD. The burnt game on the CD-R/W is still ‘perfect’ (but the CD-R its on isn’t; because of the fact it contains an ATIP), but the manufacturer of the copy protections (both SD2 v2.40> and SecuROM) include an application to crash the executable of a game when the Absolute Time In Pre-groove is found… No way around it unfortunately, to play in a CD-RW drive without software interferance :Z

:wink:

Originally posted by Plexy
Its located in close to the rim (ATIP info), and there is no way to “kill” it,

Correction: atip is all over your cd-recordable, it is inside the wobble of the pregroove, which is all over your cd…

Thanks for the info.

I guess this reminds me of the time where you had to set the HD to “read only”. Now we have to set a CDRW drive to “read only” What progress! :smiley: