V1.2.2 and WinXP

Hi all,

just downloaded and started DVD2One V1.2.2 on Gangs of New York. Not noticing any speed boost, but my system (P4 2.5) is very responsive: switching tasks without any delay!

A very welcomed feature, nice one guys …

Marcher

:slight_smile: good to hear our ideas worked! :slight_smile:

That is indeed the desired result of the recent change.

Slower computer probally will notice some gain in speed and beter task switching

And the already fast enough machines (with the disk i/o bottleneck) will only notice the beter task switching.

I tryed to transcode a dvd with version 1.2.2. I tryed this with AnyDVD on the fly. But DVD2One said, that there are decrypted data on the disk. This error doesn´t occure in Version 1.2.1. What´s wrong here ??

Sorry for my english.

I get a Unable to allocate memory for buffer file and For full diskcopy you need to copy all files from the DVD in file mode.

Used: Dvddecrypter 3.1.6 (full disk file mode)
Dvd2One 122 (full disk variable or constant)
WinXP
Movie: Shanghai Knights

Going to try same process but use Dvddecrypter 3.1.4

P.S. Dvd2One 121 works great with same scenario as above.

Tried Dvddecrypter 3.1.4 and gives me same problem.

Hi all,

I just finished Gangs of NY (movie-only) and Ghost Ship (full) w/o a problem using V1.2.2 … Great quality!

Both movies decrypted using Dvddecrypter 3.1.6 (full disk file mode)

Marcher

Maybe it is just the movie (Shanghai Knights). I`m going to try another movie in full disk mode.

Tried Matrix with Dvd2One 1.2.2 and full disk mode worked. This is the first time I have ever had a problem Dvd2One.

Dvd2One Team is doing an excellent job on this application!!!

i have same problem as Dav88

Dvddecrypter 3.1.6 (full disk file mode)
WinXP
Movie: Catch Me If You Can

same thing working fine with dvd2one ver 121

The common factor to the problem seems to be Windows XP. I assume you all installed SP1?

Erwin

I have WinXP Home Edition with SP1 and latest updates.

P.S. I will give Catch Me If You Can a try since pma has the same problem.

Same problem as DAV88

Unable to allocate memory for buffer file

Strange Brew, works on version 1.2.1 but not 1.2.2

System Setup

1.5Gig SDRAM
P4 1.6
Integ MB
180 gig HD WD ATA 100
80 Gig Maxtor WD ATA 100
EXternal 80Gig IBM FIRE WIRE
Sony DRU500a
Yamaha F1
ATI 7500AIW
Windows XP Pro(NO BuggySP1 for Me)

I don’t beileve my system is the problem. I will continue to try different things. Please let me know of a fix

Just tried Catch Me If You Can and got same message as with Shanghai Knights.

Unable to allocate memory for buffer file and For full diskcopy you need to copy all files from the DVD in file mode.

Used: Dvddecrypter 3.1.6 (full disk file mode)
WinXP
Movie: Catch Me If You Can

Dvd2One 121 works great with same scenario as above.

Dvd2One 122 movie only option works great also.

Might have something to do with the pre-processing.

Extactly the same problem here! Out of memory error with version 1.22 but it works with version 1.21.

I use the following:

Smartripper 2.43 (All files - has always worked before)
DVD2One 1.22 (constant or variable)
WindowsXP Pro - SP1

Movies: Back to the Future 2 & Treasure Planet

Surely there is a bug in there somewhere?

Hi Erwin,

I had no problem with V1.2.2 (ok, only two movies tested so far) and I’m running XP-PRO SP1 (P4 2.5Ghz - Intel 845 Chipset MB). Not sure, but this might rule out (XP) SP1 being the cause for the problems experienced by some of the other users …

Just some food for thought,

Marcher

I just double checked my code, but there is nothing wrong. I also checked the MSDN to see whether there are issues with XP with the memory management functions use, but again nothing wrong there. Also, I do not experience any problem myself, but I use 2000 SP3.
Where does the memory error occur? During scanning or processing?

Erwin

The error occurrs after selecting audio/video, therefore just before scanning.

As said, it definately works in V1.21 but not in V1.22

Are you logged in as administrator or user with administrator rights? Because it sounds like the memory allocation does not work at all. That is very weird considering the function I use is already available since Windows 95 …

Erwin

I should be logged in as User with Administrator rights, as it is the initial account set up on my system from the install.

Why would this make any difference, as it works in V1.21?

It should not make any difference, I am just guessing since I have no clue at all. It should just work, I use very normal Win32 functions, nothing special.
First of all we are going to try to recreate the problem on our systems. This will be quite a challenge, since we do not experience any problem whatsoever. And unfortunately I can not fix a problem if I do not have that problem.
For the moment you will have to use DVD2one V1.2.1

Erwin

No problem m8,

It’s nice to see such a speedy response to our bug reports. I’m well happy with V1.21

I just thought I would contribute to this forum for a change, rather than just sit back and let everyone else do all the work.

Cheers:D

Shanghai Knights the problem occurs at 93% preprocessing.

Catch Me If You Can the problem occurs right before preprocessing.

Running WinXP Home (NTFS)
Dvd2One on Primary Drive
Movie on Slave Drive

I am trying Catch Me If You Can on different computer.