Utorrent slow upload

I’m using a cable ISP I did a speed test and got 30mb/s DL and .90mb/s UL. Using WinXp, Utorrent 1.8.3. My upload speed with Utorrent is less than 10 kb/s and the download is in the 100+ kb/s. The Torrent I’m seeding now has 40+ leaches, yet I’m only uploading about 6kb/s. Before when I was on DSL it was way better. Could it be Shaw Secure doing something? Shaw assures me it’s not. I’m not entirely sure I have all the settings right in Utorrent. Also when I click on speed test on Utorrent nothing happens. I’m not using port forwarding as I have only one PC.
Thanks for any help, I’m thinking of putting my PC in the shop over this!

Could it be that torrent traffic is capped by your isp?

I suspected that but the tech didn’t say that on the phone. And the DL speed is great.

What is your max limit upload speed set at? If you made it below 10K the software will drop your download and upload speed. So keep that upload speed at least 10K and that should fix it assuming they didn’t throttle your torrent.

Thanks Cool, do you mean the “global upload rate”? I did have the automatic checked and used to have it at 0 meaning maximum. Now I’ve put it to 50. And nothings different. The DL rate is at 0.

[QUOTE=Bluenose5;2444622]Thanks Cool, do you mean the “global upload rate”? I did have the automatic checked and used to have it at 0 meaning maximum. Now I’ve put it to 50. And nothings different. The DL rate is at 0.[/QUOTE]

Yes the Global upload limit keeping it above 10 should fix it but in the end it’s up to the seeder to determine what download speed they permit. If you getting 0’s it’s time to find a different torrent or seeder that seeds. But it does sounds like the seeder isn’t seeding or limiting their seeds. So you left with waiting til they do or change their seed limit.

Thanks, but I’m a seeder. I want to get my ratio up by seeding to all these leaches/peers. At the moment it shows 2+ peers but I’m only uploading about 3kb/s. I know it depends on how much the leaches can take at a time, but when I have 10+ leaches it only goes up accordingly.

you need port forwarding to connect…if your in torrent sites and in the “connectible” column it says…“no”…you need to be port forwarded…go here and follow the steps to get it corrected

PortForward

1.find the model modem/router u have
2.pick the app your trying to use with port forwarding…utorrent
3.follow directions to get into the modems setup and u should be gravy from there

heres my settings…been the same for yrs and am port forwarded

btw…if your in Canada dont expect a lot of speed up there…known issues up there with all ISP’s for slow seeding/d’loading…they do throttle also…been a lot of threads in these forums dedicated to Canadian ISP’s doing so but denying it (bell,videotron etc)…Shaw IMO is the best of the bunch up there but i rarely see any Shaw seeders/leechers in my torrent client ever giving more than 30k

Yes I’m in Canada, using the high end package that Shaw has. Thanks for all the pics Nozmarts, those settings made a marginal improvement.
I found a site that tests throttleing at “Glasnost” and it says I have no probs.

use peerblock in case your download is being disrupted by media defenders. But only for that reason…don’t use peerblock to protect your IP as it’s not 100% effective.