Utorrent protection

vbimport

Got a notice from the MPAA, and rather than being bullied into submission I would like to protect myself. I use uTorrent and was wondering if there is any free mac applications that will hide my IP address?

Why do you need to hide your IP address? If you didn’t download illegal material then you have nothing to hide. Fight the suckers and make them prove you did something wrong.

If you did download illegal material and have gotten a notice, then it’s probably too late now anyway. Unless the notice said to stop what you are doing or they will come after you.

RM

Just Like RichMan said if you downloaded legal program or movies not copyright protected then they have no legal recourse to send you that letter. No if you doing something else then we can’t help you in the part. I wouldn’t put it past my money others and some on here do that and hide their IP but that will be up to them and their ISP to deal with. Since we have no idea what you downloaded or what the letter said all I can say is to stop downloading whatever they were claiming about…Or contact Electronic frontier and ask their opinion

[QUOTE=chimic;2564954]Got a notice from the MPAA, and rather than being bullied into submission I would like to protect myself. I use uTorrent and was wondering if there is any free mac applications that will hide my IP address?[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of tools to hide the original location you communicate from. All work via a 2nd/3rd/4th connection. The more hops the merrier. It can be pretty safe®, but it will also be a lot slower because you are dependant on the bandwith of all those connections.

Perhaps you have heard about the sentence “I’m behind seven proxies” before. :slight_smile:

Depending on your needs you can try:

Project TOR
Foxy Proxy
Proxy.org
Hide Ip
etc. etc. etc.

Just remember that all people and companies have to give out the details they have of you if invoked by court order. Also remember there will always be some form of connection from you to your current internet service provider.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2565825]

Just remember that all people and companies have to give out the details they have of you if invoked by court order. Also remember there will always be [B]some[/B] form of connection from you to your current internet service provider.[/QUOTE]

Or you can use proxy from different countries that don’t go along with the RIAA/MPAA tyrant reign. That’s the most likely how users get around them. Where there is a way those will find it… That’s the Hard Fact nowdays…they could do all they want if you find a proxy not the US or Canada then the problem just goes away…you be slower but those proxy will say get out of our sovereignty to the RIAA/MPAA and say you have no right to come to us when you can’t solve your own problem and or later they just toss those ceo bums out to the cold. Even people get those letters for non license movie so that gives you a idea they don’t really care about much only MONEY and GREED is the only they care about…

Used TorrentPrivacy for several months with no problem. I had enough with the threatening emails before that.