uTorrent Makes Advertisement Unremovable in Latest Release

vbimport

This week a new version of uTorrent was released, one that is expected to disappoint a large subset of the clients’ users. The latest release no longer includes a setting to disable the ad in the left corner of the app, an option that was made available in the client after a previous user revolt.

Link: http://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-makes-advertisement-unremovable-in-latest-release-140602/

:cool::cool:

Just get the older versions that had no ads and those works just fine…that how one revolts as well… I saved the older version upto v2 and tried v3 and and v3 was a disaster went back to v2 and never looked back.

There are too many options without intrusions for this to work. They’ll just drive off the people still using the newer versions of uTorrent.

Using an older version of uTorrent myself (2.2.1), but qBitorrent is a very viable alternative for Windows users, and Transmission is popular amongst the Linux and Mac crowds.

From the forums of Utorrent looks like they already have…some have switched back to the older version because of broken links and sync problems when upgrading to newer versions. I tried various torrents but UT seems to have before the changes was a very simple and good UT program to use and still is if one uses the older version before v3 that is.

Yes, that’s why I wonder why many people downgraded to the older versions. And because of things happening like these, many people use qBittorent.

I have fully converted to qBittorrent too :wink: It’s basically like uTorrent when it was EPIC :wink: But much better :smiley:

[QUOTE=T1Cybernetic;2751351]I have fully converted to qBittorrent too :wink: It’s basically like uTorrent when it was EPIC :wink: But much better :D[/QUOTE]

Might be for you but I had earlier version saved so I just used 2.0.4 and it works fine. No EPicMalware and clean and lite…and so far no GPU failures from bitmining…

Ah yes the good old versions of uTorrent are great too :wink:

I must say I only used qBittorrent in the beginning because it is actively updated :smiley: uTorrent v2.0.4 was/is great as it’s before the adverts and extras that I don’t like!

[QUOTE=T1Cybernetic;2751427]I must say I only used qBittorrent in the beginning because it is actively updated […][/QUOTE]

& it still is AND so is [B]Deluge[/B], for example. So, there are alternatives… Which aren’t bad, at all! :slight_smile:

… Although, may I suggest: in countries which have stringent -Internet- rules, ISP control and such - it [I]is[/I] quite a necessity to use [B]carefully[/B] configured VPN and such, when downloading. Even if-and-when forcing [B]Encryption[/B] & denying all non-such connections, it’s no-kind of guarantee and (individual!) IPs can easily be pin-pointed from any swarm. FYI.

(Many such articles released in the past - and constantly - I’d rather not [I]swarm[/I] my reply with that information, hehe)

utorrents 2.0.1 and 2.021 are recommended
i do alot of torrents with flac concerts and the last version of utorrents wont upload they say in newer versions there is bitcoin mining placed in the installer.

[QUOTE=pigpenz;2780251]utorrents 2.0.1 and 2.021 are recommended
i do alot of torrents with flac concerts and the last version of utorrents wont upload they say in newer versions there is bitcoin mining placed in the installer.[/QUOTE]

May be true in v3 I would not know, but v2 should be ok, any version. The latest v2.2.1 build 25302 does not install any additional features afaik.

Use qBitorrent and get no ads.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2780255]May be true in v3 I would not know, but v2 should be ok, any version. The latest v2.2.1 build 25302 does not install any additional features afaik.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=alan1476;2780570]Use qBitorrent and get no ads.[/QUOTE]
I use utorrent 2.0.4 - no ads and popups or security problems and it works just fine. Will never give up ut 2.0.4 last and best version. V3 with the amount of ads boxes and problems is best left to due a slow bleed. utorrent developers could be alot smarter and do it the right way but $$ speaks. But unfortunately they seems to have lost sight how to do it right without screwing over v3 users.