Utorrent help

vbimport

i recently got utorrent and downloaded a file and once i open it with utorrent to download it starts to download but almost immiedetly the download icon turns red and nvr actually starts to download and justs stays there and it is under the inactive downloads sections and don’t know how to activate it.

any help or advice will be appreciated

Can you download other torrents perfectly?

i’ve tried severeal others but same problem so no i tried bittorrent 6.3 and still same problem

[QUOTE=Dastorix;2482952]i’ve tried severeal others but same problem so no i tried bittorrent 6.3 and still same problem[/QUOTE]

You might want to also check the bittorrent site to see if they have any other solutions as well. Usually when it goes red and inactive means that no seeder or the originator no longer allows it to go to seed. So until the seeder or originator allows connections you won’t get any more of the files.

[QUOTE=Dastorix;2482943]i recently got utorrent and downloaded a file and once i open it with utorrent to download it starts to download but almost immiedetly the download icon turns red and nvr actually starts to download and justs stays there and it is under the inactive downloads sections and don’t know how to activate it.

any help or advice will be appreciated[/QUOTE]

Make sure your firewall isn’t blocking the downloads.

Go to [I]Options[/I] -> [I]Speed Guide [/I]and click the button to test port forwarding.

If the ports aren’t being forwarded correctly then you’ll need to set this up in your router.

[B]Wombler[/B]

ok thanks i’ll try both

[QUOTE=Wombler;2483127]Make sure your firewall isn’t blocking the downloads.

Go to [I]Options[/I] -> [I]Speed Guide [/I]and click the button to test port forwarding.

If the ports aren’t being forwarded correctly then you’ll need to set this up in your router.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
how do i do this i’ll snoop around in the program and see if i can do it if can i’ll let you know

You know there is a site for Utorrent and FAQ there as well. If you not looking there besides here it’s hard to give helpful advice. Since we have no idea of what torrent your getting it’s hard to know why other then there is no seeders of that file active and you just have to wait til they seed or come back online. Other then that not knowing what A/V or Firewall your using makes this all a guess game as to why your download it inactive??

[QUOTE=Dastorix;2483300]how do i do this i’ll snoop around in the program and see if i can do it if can i’ll let you know[/QUOTE]

It’s not clear what you mean there but as I’ve already given the instructions for the port forwarding test I’ll assume you mean how do you set up port forwarding on your router.

This is different for each router so I can’t give specific instructions but check out this page which provides instructions for a large range of different products.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Dastorix;2482943]i recently got utorrent and downloaded a file and once i open it with utorrent to download it starts to download but almost immiedetly the download icon turns red and nvr actually starts to download and justs stays there and it is under the inactive downloads sections and don’t know how to activate it.

any help or advice will be appreciated[/QUOTE]hi usually when the download turns red it means that there are no peers so there isnn’t anything to download try another torrent site that has active peers

Try a ubuntu linux torrent …

If it comes down ok, then you’re firewall is set up ok, and your torrents aren’t seeded.
You can copy the hash key in utorrent, and past it into the search field on ISOHUNT.com and you might find some more trackers for your torrent.

Don’t forget to use peerblock, if your torrents may possibly verge on copyright issues.