uTorrent can't open torrent files when re-started

vbimport

It’s a general software issue that I have with it, not a P2P issue so I guess it’s better here…

uTorrent has problems every time it’s restarted.

“Error: Can’t open .torrent file: Documents & Settings[user]\Application Data\uTorrent[torrent name].torrent”

Basically when I open a torrent file, it should get stored there, but it’s not. Does anyone know why this is happening? I’m having to re-locate the torrents, rename them (as the name doesn’t always match the name given - odd) and then put it in the folder. This DOES work, but I shouldn’t have to be doing it.

So why is it happening? Can anyone help me out? Being version 1.61, I can’t uninstall as there’s nothing to uninstall (or install). And I can’t use a newer version… ever since the Bittorent take over 1.61 and below are the only 100% ‘safe’ versions.

i dont know but here is a screen shot of my downloads settings.

[QUOTE=SG;2130393]It’s a general software issue that I have with it, not a P2P issue so I guess it’s better here…

uTorrent has problems every time it’s restarted.

“Error: Can’t open .torrent file: Documents & Settings[user]\Application Data\uTorrent[torrent name].torrent”

Basically when I open a torrent file, it should get stored there, but it’s not. Does anyone know why this is happening? I’m having to re-locate the torrents, rename them (as the name doesn’t always match the name given - odd) and then put it in the folder. This DOES work, but I shouldn’t have to be doing it.

So why is it happening? Can anyone help me out? Being version 1.61, I can’t uninstall as there’s nothing to uninstall (or install). And I can’t use a newer version… ever since the Bittorent take over 1.61 and below are the only 100% ‘safe’ versions.[/QUOTE]

You should make a separate folder for each process and point the menu in the right location as well. Also you should update to utorrent 1.8…

i happily use 1.6.1 build 490 :slight_smile: