Ut2003 copied

someone has claimed to have copied it on gamecopy world but so far he hasnt released the program he used and his settings will be on the look out will post if i hear something.

Originally posted by gexx
so far he hasnt released the program he used and his settings

Why doesn’t this surprise me? :wink: I suspect that what’s been copied, if anything, is a “scene” release or cracked copy.

What’s its protection btw?

Latest version of securom and not capable of being copied at present time.

hi. i have managed to make a backup of unreal tournament 2003 with the seruromnew protection. only the 1st disc has this protection.:cop:

Would you care to tell us how? C’mon don’t be shy. :wink:

maybe the ones released in the UK are easier to copy? Cause on the other thread, the guy is from UK too and claims to have copied it.

I Used CloneCD to copy it. copy it as a serurom rom cd (or use clonyxxl) to the hard drive. then open image with cloneCD (or CDMate/CDRWin) and burn in raw mode at 1x-32x(Your choice)Bear in mind i Copyed the CD with my lite-on dvd(163D) to the hd. and burned using lite-on 40125s@48125w. you might be able to copy it if your burner doesn’t support raw write haven’t tried it.
my copy works however my mate tried to copy it and he installed it from the copy he made but couldn’t run the game in when inserted cd. to get round this go in to the system folder and run udebugger in.:cool:

signum, I’m afraid your explanation isn’t entirely clear. :confused:

Do you mean that what you did was make an image of the cd on your hard drive with clonecd together with a cue sheet. If so, what settings and profile did you use? If not, what do you mean by “copy it as a securerom cd … to the hard drive”?

What do then mean by “open image with cloneCD (or CDMate/CDRWin) and burn in raw mode”? Do you simply mean burn the image made in the first step? If so, with what settings?

Finally, what do you mean by “to get round this go in to the system folder and run udebugger in” and why would this help anyway? :confused:

first download clonyxxl:

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/cgi-bin/dlcmw.cgi?ClonyXXLv2006_Engsetup!exe

install clonecd 4 first

run clonyxxl and put 1st cd in. it should detect as seruromnew
then start clonecd in clonyxxl by clicking on the option start cloneCD.

CloneCD should start and clonyxxl should go. choose cd image and put the 1st cd in. you then will be asked what profile to choose.
choose the clonyxxl profile.

then select where you want the image to go then start.

(if u want to burn with cdrwin select cue-sheet if u want clonecd to do the rest then deselect it) after it has finished copying to hard drive choose image to cd. find the *ccd(where ever you put it on the hard drive) and select clonyxxl profile again(don’t close cloneCD)

then burn cd!

also if u go to the system folder after you have installed unreal(in the ut2003 folder where it installed the game), if you click on the udebugger, you can run the game without the need for the cd(if the cd you just copied doesn’t work this will get it in.)or just get a fixed exe.

i hope this helps.

Yep yep, I managed to backup ut2003 yesterday, just used clonys securom setups. Backedup with Plex 401240a.

If you don’t mind me asking what did you use as a reader?

Thanks,

derk

I used my plex to read it. When I backup SD protected games I read them with my samsung 52x and to others I use my plex -> and games always works :smiley:

Just to clarify one thing, when you try and play UT2003 from the Start Menu executable, you put in your copy of the disk1 and
the program recognizes it as a carbon copy of disk1?

Every backup of disk1 I have made has been allowed me to install the game fully, however, when you try and play UT2003,
it asks for disk1. So, therefore, the copies I have made aren’t carbon copies.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Derek

Well I have to get sometimes cracked .exe and I tryied backups with my other computer too; sometimes need cracked .exe

Cracked exe needed = your backup is crap!

Originally posted by alexnoe
Cracked exe needed = your backup is crap!

Bahahahaha…I wouldn’t say crap, but it REALLY isn’t anything to get excited about and certainly by most peoples thinking is an unsuccessful backup attempt if it requires a crack to run it.

Most of us here are desparately looking to be able to make a true 1:1 backup of this game…if it needs a crack, it is NOT successful.

So, out of all this comes the same question just more defined:

Has anyone made a true 1:1 backup of this game? If so, please leave detailed information about all hardware for reading and writing as well as the software used w/all of the settings in detail.

Originally posted by stretcharmstron
Most of us here are desparately looking to be able to make a true 1:1 backup of this game…if it needs a crack, it is NOT successful.

It also doesn’t happen to be legal unlike a true 1:1 backup. :cop:

WATTA FUCK!
If I make backup to myself and it works, its fine! It just NEED to work in MY COMPUTER.

aholes

Originally posted by FinBastard
[B]WATTA FUCK!
If I make backup to myself and it works, its fine! It just NEED to work in MY COMPUTER.

aholes… [/B]

Wow, I had no idea that backing up a game the right way could get someone so upset. If you don’t mind using cracks, fine…I don’t care. But, everyone here that doesn’t like to use cracks are aholes? Don’t you think that’s a bit excessive?