UT-II Success Stories, ANY?

Hey all, I’ve been trying for the life of me to get this Damn game Backed up, with no success at all… Well I can’t say that, I’ve got the install disc backed up perfectly, WEEEEE! Bah. :frowning: Anyhow I’m just wondering about all you folks that HAVE gotten your play disc and lovely BWA-curves to work, just EXACTLY what did you do? I think that I’ve tried just about everything; settings; profile, you name it! Nothing seems to work… Maybe it’s just my POS drive (Teac 540E, Frmware 1.0H), but I’d really like to know what folks are doing that’s working and with what prog; Clone or BlindW etc… Thank, peACE!

:bigsmile:

i cant imagine what you did wrong i backed it up fine

read bwa file at 1* produced a nice bwa ( in burner )

twinpeaks patched it

and burnt w/clonecd no probs, i suggest you look for a bwa file to download off these forums, just do a search. use a cd-rw before you commit to a cdr ( i always do this it saves coaster city )

also note that the original & the backup have a big delay when you launch the program ( even with a no-cd c***k )

My copy works fine fine using BlindWrite. Have to burn an MDS file with Alcohol and then convert to BWA as I can’t get a good one with BWA builder at any speed. I can write MDS at full speed with Lite-On 48125W. Can also read and write image at full speed. Good luck.

I copied it with this method. :wink: :smiley:

Originally posted by philamber
I copied it with this method. :wink: :smiley:

I followed that method step by step and still got coaster city, even with a 4x read etc… guess my drive just ain’t good enough for today’s protection schemes (Teac 540E 1.0H) That sucks, cause other wise it’s been a pretty good burner/reader :frowning:

Originally posted by V12|V12
[B]

I followed that method step by step and still got coaster city, even with a 4x read etc… guess my drive just ain’t good enough for today’s protection schemes (Teac 540E 1.0H) That sucks, cause other wise it’s been a pretty good burner/reader :frowning: [/B]
Your burner seems to be good enough. Are you playing the backup from your burner? What software are you running to block the ATIP info? (ie, is Hide CDR Media enabled?). If not, then enable it.

Have you tried ViRuS 2K’s tutorial on backing up UT2K3?

Ive used it for UT2K3, RCT2 and Unreal 2 and they all worked. The only thing I did different was to use Blindwrite 4.2.5

Have fun :slight_smile:

Argh bonk I forgot about the ATIP check! I’m going to try it when I get home, I can’t believe I forgot all about the ATIP check, it makes TOTAL sense to me now… Hopefully it shall work correctly!

Originally posted by V12|V12
Argh bonk I forgot about the ATIP check! I’m going to try it when I get home, I can’t believe I forgot all about the ATIP check, it makes TOTAL sense to me now… Hopefully it shall work correctly!

Dont be to harsh on yourself, we all make mistakes. Like I did with that double post (?)

And yes, hopefully it will work :slight_smile:

i wonder how many working backups were made, might beat the previous record for 5 i believe it was.

bwa ha ha:p

Originally posted by gouki_akuma
[B]i wonder how many working backups were made, might beat the previous record for 5 i believe it was.

bwa ha ha:p [/B]

Any idea who previously held the lead? Because from the sounds of it that person was just bumped to second place :bigsmile:

PS - Heres a perfect Unreal 2 Play disc BWA for you if you want it.

really ?, i guess only FutureProof may know the answer there, and if he replys here-

another new zealand placename to shout out loud “Whakapapa” its very rude in my opinion and i stick to the “white” pronounciation because im european.

also kudos to the australian cricket team for showing up our lame nz team yet again. ( did it without shane warne too )

Originally posted by FutureProof
What double post?:cool: