UT 2003 Securom New ALMOST defeated

I’ve been working on copying UT 2003. I know, I know, it can’t be done…

I actually got an image made with BlindWrite to load and start up, but then it fails when the game is about to enter the options screen.

However, Alcohol 120%'s new version (133.1027) has actually made a working image with NO emulation enabled. I have not, however been able to successfully burn it. Maybe it’s a hardware issue or maybe I haven’t hit on the correct settings yet, or maybe it’s just not possible with normal media.

Hopefully my next post will bring more progress to the fore.

See my specifications below on what I’m using. If anyone can suggest a really outstanding subs reader, please post. Thanx

Originally posted by ISOman

However, Alcohol 120%'s new version (133.1027) has actually made a working image with NO emulation enabled. I have not, however been able to successfully burn it. Maybe it’s a hardware issue or maybe I haven’t hit on the correct settings yet, or maybe it’s just not possible with normal media.

Nice to know that you can get a RAW image. The problem is writing it as the CD-R media simply doesn’t have the physical characteristics necessary to defeat the guard module. The guard module also conducts random checks, not just at startup.

You should try different types of media (manufactors and/ or media lenght).

But I think you will get lots of coasters…

…keep on fighting!!! TRY NEW BLINDWRITE 4.2