Using '/WAITFORMEDIA' switch in ImgBurn CLI

vbimport

Am building a DOS batch file to hand over the DVD writing parameters to ImgBurn: basically because some editing programs (eg Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD) just output to a VIDEO_TS folder on the HDD, and I’m trying to semi-automate the subsequent burning process.

Looking through the ReadMe doc where the options are described, can anyone let me know if it is necessary for the ‘/START’ and ‘/WAITFORMEDIA’ commands to be issued in a particular order…? Just in case I forget to put a new blank disc in between burns. :smiley:

Also, is there a secondary switch for ‘/ERASE’ that selects a quick format on a rewriteable disc, rather than a full one…?

Nope, the order of switches doesn’t matter. You can stick them in any order you like :slight_smile:

It’ll always use quick erase if it’s an option.

Just remember that ImgBurn (by default) prefers ‘properly’ formatted DVD+RW discs - i.e. where the ‘Formatted’ status actually says ‘Yes’.

The ‘Formatted’ status can get messed up by other programs so stick to burning with ImgBurn and the program will use ‘direct overwrite’ on DVD+RW media every time.

Thanks LUK! It’s working fine now. Added the /EJECT switch so I can’t forget to put another disc in :smiley:

Yep that +RW came out of a DVD recorder. After the first ‘long’ format, it’s now overwriting straight away :slight_smile:

Kudos for adding the CLI in the first place… :flower: