Using Virtual Drive

Hi, I’m really new to Clone CD. And I’m kind of confused about how to use the Virtual Drive. I’ve installed and re-installed Clone CD. And I know this seems really stupid. But I can’t find how to work the Virtual Drive, its not appearing on My Computer or anything. There are no options or settings that say anything about it and nowhere to enable it. I have 2 disc drives, 1 a Lite-On DVD-Rom, and the Other a Lite-On CD-RW 52x32x52x. Can somebody give me a step-by-step process on how to enable the Virtual Drive. Thanks a lot.

You and me both, so i downloaded Daemon tools and it has a virtual drive that is easy to use.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/index.php

Also i have read that the newer safedisc protection will look for a virtual drive before booting up, just be aware why a game might refuse to work!!:bigsmile:

Yeah, I got the daemon tools. And they work fine with games, but not with movies. I don’t know why they don’t work. But does anybody have any idea? Do they need to be iso to play with daemon tools? Anybody have the same problem? Please tell me if you know how to fix it. Thanks

Hi AbramGragh
I always use the image drive with ISO files. Currently I am experimenting with Nero Recode 2 with a movie mounted in Daemon’s virtual drive to create a VCD. Now I cannot mount a movie in my Win 98 or ME machines unless the ISO file is less than the 4 gb FAT32 limitation. Which operating system are you running - this could be your problem
I hope this helps

I’m running Windows XP. Is there any way to mount a movie to it? Not all the movies I have are .iso some are .bin and other types. I’m not sure exactly what to do. Is there any program that can play movies? I also have Nero, but I have no idea how to use the virtual drive with it. Can somebody tell me how?

Hi AbramGragh
Daemon can mount most image files

• .cue / .iso / .bwt / .cdi / .ccd / .mds / .pdi / .nrg
    Nero can mount nrg and iso files. daemon is more flexible. Currently I am having problems with the new Nero 6.3 version of the image file I would avoid it at the moment. With a virtual drive you can use the program of choice to play the movie. Power DVD or WINDVD or Windows Media Player 9 or Nero’s new Showtime. I have used all these programs to play a movie on my virtual drive at one time or another. Windows Media Player 9 can play a movie from a .vob file too

I hope this helps

The movies I have are .bin .mpg or .avi
i thought .mpg and .avi were video files themselves, but it shows them as cd files. And when I mount them on Daemon tools and playing them off Windows Media Player or RealOne Player they don’t work. Any clue what the problem can be?

Hi AbramGragh
These .meg .avi files do not need to be mounted but can be played directly. They can be played on Nero’s Media Player or Windows Media Player. You may be missing some codec’s that limits what you can play on Windows Media Player. You are working with version 9? Under Tools - Plug-ins - Download Plug-ins. I don’t know how to use the .bin file

I hope this helps