Using Toast 6 after DVD2One

vbimport

Does anyone use Toast 6 to burn their VIDEO_TS folder after DVD2one?

It was all so easy before,... I created a VIDEO_TS folder on my desktop with DVD2One, and then with, Toast 5, I dragged the VTS and AUDIO_TS folders into Toast and titled the CD the name of the movie in all capitals.

Now in Toast 6, when I drag the VTS folder into it, the actual folder goes away and one file appears as, VTS_01_1(.VOB). It also will not let me drag an empty AUDIO_TS folder as I used to, in Toast 5. ... So when I hit record, it starts encodeing and stalls a 1/4th way though.

Please help!

With Toast 6 you have to record the file as “Data”. Drag the VIDEO_TS folder into the Data window, add an AUDIO_TS folder and burn away as a DVD-ROM(UDF).:wink:

Jamerican-

Thank you very much for the tip!

~But, … then what is the DVD-VIDEO option for? … Can you make .avi/.mpeg files into DVD???

Thanks,

cpb

Originally posted by cpbigalke
[B]Jamerican-

Thank you very much for the tip!

~But, … then what is the DVD-VIDEO option for? … Can you make .avi/.mpeg files into DVD???

Thanks,

cpb [/B]

The DVD-Video option is to use other files e.g. from iMovie or iDVD to create DVD compliant discs. Toast creates a menu for such discs. Try it with some trailer downloads from the Apple site. Drag them into the Toast window and Toast will make them DVD compliant. Others more knowledgable may want to add more to this.:slight_smile:

I too would love to know more about this subject if somebody would be so kind to share some knowledge.

Cheers