Using TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress V4.5.2.255

vbimport

I would really appreciate it if someone could help…I have been using the current version of TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress . I have the software for the purposes of converting video files to DVD. My expectation is to convert a DIVX or AVI file to a DVD file that I can than burn with Nero or or other burning software. Prior to my using TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress I was using Convertxto DVD which was an easy to use, quick one key operation. I switched because I thought that TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress offered the ability to manipulate the video by effecting contrast, brightness, color etc.

My problem is that TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress converts video only to MPEG files which I cannot directly burn. Please, I hope I have not wasted my money with this program… how can I convert the files to DVD files which can be burned directly to a DVD. Sorry about the long question but I’m very frustrated. Anyone’s assistance with this will be appreciated.

TMPGenc-Author will take the MPEG and author DVDs without re-encoding. Nero will re-encode with some loss of quality. Express is a great tool, and if you need the tools for adjusting video and audio, it’s hard to beat. But it does not author DVD’s, it’s an editor/encoder only. If you don’t need to do a lot of video adjustments, Author will do the same job as Express and uses the same encoder. It just doesn’t have all the filters and adjustments.

There are freeware tools that can take your DVD-compliant MPEG and author a DVD. The sticky threads here will list a few.

There are several free authoring tools that can take your mpeg files and produce a dvd for you without reencoding the video. This is assuming your output from XPress are dvd compliant mpeg2.

DVDStyler and GUIforDVDAuthor are a couple I know of.