Using Sony DVD Architect 4.5 to write DVD... it skips a lot

vbimport

Hi guys,
Sorry if this is an easy fix… I’m new to this program and didn’t really find any answers looking around the site…

I recently recorded my old high school’s play for them and was gonna give copies of it to the leads… I used Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro to combine the three different camera angles plus the sound into one video which worked great! Then I used Sony DVD Architect 4.5 to author and burn the DVD… When I finally got it burned I watched the final product and (the first act is an hour and 15 minutes) on the first act, after 45 minutes of great quality, the dvd started freezing and skipping for about 15 minutes of the show, and then the last 10-15 minutes were pretty much fine again…

I burned the DVD’s on Maxell 4.7G DVDs at a speed of 16x. Should I slow down the burning speed/use different DVDs possibly?

Any help would be great as I’ve already got people asking me about the discs… Thanks!

Yeah, this is going to be a media issue. Burning at 12x should help a lot. You should be able to make the sony software make an iso file instead of burning the disc, you can then use the best program out their imgburn.com (free) and burn the disc with that. Other things that will help the burn be more successful is to turn off your internet connection while burning that will prevent other programs from accessing the HDD.

[QUOTE=torosax;2504311]I burned the DVD’s on Maxell 4.7G DVDs at a speed of 16x. Should I slow down the burning speed/use different DVDs possibly?[/QUOTE]

I’d definitely recommend slowing it down, maybe even as slow as 8x. The faster you burn, the more likely it is that your burner will make errors.

Also, Maxell blanks aren’t the most reliable. I’ve used them for years without problem, but I know others that aren’t so lucky. Some of the most reliable blanks (currently, since brands sometimes change manufacturer, and it’s really the manufacturer that matters most) are Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden.

Rob

I would burn them at 8x, a bit depending on the MID/mediacode they have.

BTW, what burner do you have used?