Using Shrink&CopyToDVD

Before I jump into my problem - I have to say - I can’t believe my luck in finding this great site!!

Now for the problem.
I just started using DVD Shrink 3.0 beta 5 - with it fantastic options for reauthoring etc.

I am using CopyToDVD for the burn process.

All works well - and I’ve learned how to take the main movie and ‘reauthor’ to eliminate extraneous stuff at beginning and end. What I was wondering is

1. Can I take each aspect of the movie - say the beginning files where the Parental control, FBI warning, movie company logo’s etc. are located - shrink these to eliminate what I want. Then shrink some of the main movie - and recombine the elements so it will all burn as one movie.

I tried to do this via drag and drop from ‘Shrinks’ main window - into the reauthoring window. It looked like it was a success - but when I went to burn with CopyToDVD (which usually show only the main file to be burnt) - nothing from my folder registered. The folder itself was full of files. I tried to drag and drop one I though might be the main file - but CopyTo said it was invalid.
I had to resort to a straight autocompress.

Could anyone give me some advice - like a)is what I wish to do possible? and b) if so - how?

All tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gadfly

I tried to do this via drag and drop from ‘Shrinks’ main window - into the reauthoring window. It looked like it was a success - but when I went to burn with CopyToDVD (which usually show only the main file to be burnt) - nothing from my folder registered. The folder itself was full of files. I tried to drag and drop one I though might be the main file - but CopyTo said it was invalid.

I think your problem is with CopyToDVD! Try to use Nero to burn the movie.

Can I take each aspect of the movie - say the beginning files where the Parental control, FBI warning, movie company logo’s etc. are located - shrink these to eliminate what I want. Then shrink some of the main movie - and recombine the elements so it will all burn as one movie.

dvdshrink is capable of allowing u to choose the level of compression for individual videos but doesn’t yet allow u to strip things that u don’t want. clonedvd will allow u to strip what u don’t want (i’m not sure to what extent as i haven’t used it yet), but u can’t choose individual levels of compression (everything is compressed at the same level). instant copy 8 lets u choose individual levels of compression and allows for the stripping of entire video sets while keeping the rest of the dvd intact, menus and all.

Thanks for the info.

I will check out some of the other ‘burning’ and ‘authoring’ options. I’m not familiar with instant copy 8 - but from what you describe it sounds like it’s what I want to do.

I finally did get one of my ‘authored’ DVD’s to burn - but the chaptering function was lost in the process - and if possible I’d like to keep that function. It’s too bad that CopyToDVD doesn’t allow for editing individual aspects while maintaing the overall file format. Other than this - I really like the prog.

Thanks again from the ideas around alternatives. Greatly appreciated,

Gadfly