Using Nero to Identify Media

I read a post where a user used Nero to figure out who actually manufactured the media, to figure out if it was high or low quality CDR.

This probably should go in the newbie forum, but is this possible with 5.5? I am using the version that came with my PX-2410A, and the only thing remotley close that I could find that “might” do this is the CD-Info option in the menu. This doesn’t really tell me anything other then its a blank cd. Is this the right place but my CDR just doesn’t have the manufactuer info on it? Or am I using a early version that doesn’t have this feature?

Or am I just a noob and am looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Originally posted by OG Gleep

I read a post where a user used Nero to figure out who actually manufactured the media,

to figure out if it was high or low quality CDR.

Or am I using a early version that doesn’t have this feature?

CDSpeed > Extra > Disc Info

Update your version ( the latest is 2.11 Edit 031122 ) if you’re unable to get similar stuff.
Once again, to get to the sites goto : CDSpeed > Help > About

Furhtermore, none of the ID utilities would tell you if the media’s good or bad.
You’re mistaken about it.

Last but not least, here’s the list of the manufacturer ( & more ) ID utilities :

Originally posted by BoSkin

Well, that was accordingly [COLOR=blue]SmartBurn 3.16 and Feurio 1.66 ( CD Writer > Extras > Output ATIP info )

You can also do it with the following utilities :

Nero CDSpeed ( Extra > Disc Info ), Nero InfoTool ( Disc tab ) - both can be found here

CDR Identifier 1.63

KProbe ( Disc Info tab )[/COLOR]