Using my burner to burn at 2X in Nero 5.5.9.0

Hi,

I hava a liteon 40X cd-r burner and I want to burn at 2X the slowest burn option is 4X.

People tell me to disable burnproof but I can’t, Nero tells me it won’t let me. However when reading up about this drive before I bought it I read something that told me how to do it but now I can’t find it.

I tried disabling Smart-Burn but this didn’t help, there is another option called “buffer underrun protection enabled” which is ticked and I can’t untick it.

Will this help me to burn at 2X? Can someone help me burn at 2X please.

Thanks

I’m just curious. If you want to burn at 2x why did you buy a 40x burner? What purpose is there to burning at 2x?

I don’t know where you got the information that you read, but I don’t believe it is possible to burn at a speed lower than 4x with a 40x Lite-on burner.

Originally posted by Inertia
I’m just curious. If you want to burn at 2x why did you buy a 40x burner? What purpose is there to burning at 2x?

Can’t buy a slower Litey than the 40x any more in Melbourne other than the 24x usb model. (Slower models all sold out and no longer being shipped here.) Minimum speed for Ltr-24102b is 8x anyway, so it’d have to be very old model to burn at 2x.

But as to why you’d want to burn at 2x, I’ve no idea. In any case, it doesn’t matter since, as you say, 4x is as slow as that writer goes.

My Sony 336 DVD player will read only princo CDs done at 2X.

I have an old 4X burner that is in my old machine, but that needs to be reformatted and fixed up before I can use it properly.

I was hoping to make my new burner do it.

I will fix up my old machine at the end of my exams I was just hoping for a quick fix now.

Thanks