Using imgburn

not sure if this a new post or not; i just installed imgburn and i seem to have run into a wall…when i want to write to disc it tells me that there isn’t enough space on the disk. i was under the impression that i could use this program to read, write and burn without use of another program. does imgburn not compress to fit the disk the way that dvd shrink does? could use a little help here.

ImgBurn is only burning software.
If you want to fit file to DVD5 you will have to use Shrink or other software to compress it first, or use dual layer disc.

thanks for the heads up, but if i have to use shrink to compress, then why not do the whole thing from there? now i’m really confused!!!:confused: i hear that besides dvdfab, burn is the one to use.

ImgBurn is a very good burning software, specially to burn DVD/DL disc.
Shrink use the same software to burn or Nero, you just have to point to which one you like.
Shrink and ImgBurn are made by the same guy, but he had to abandon Shrink development because it is a ripping software.
At the end it all depend what you want to do. Lots of people author DVD in some other software and use ImgBurn to burn disc.
Some use different compression software than Shrink, there are many options.

can you give some of the other compression options other than shrink? are they as good or better? all i ever hear mentioned is shrink.

In order to rip,shrink and burn you will need 3 programs DVDFAB HD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, ImgBurn unless you buy one of the programs that will do it all instead of having 3

If you want the best quality you can get, try DVD Rebuilder.

[quote=CDuncle;2216822]ImgBurn is a very good burning software, specially to burn DVD/DL disc.
Shrink use the same software to burn or Nero, you just have to point to which one you like.
[B]Shrink and ImgBurn are made by the same guy[/B], but he had to abandon Shrink development because it is a ripping software.
At the end it all depend what you want to do. Lots of people author DVD in some other software and use ImgBurn to burn disc.
Some use different compression software than Shrink, there are many options.[/quote]
I think you have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter mixed up CDuncle. LUK had nothing to do with DVD Shrink.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2216870]I think you have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter mixed up CDuncle. LUK had nothing to do with DVD Shrink.;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I thought about it after, but got corrected. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2216868]If you want the best quality you can get, try DVD Rebuilder.[/QUOTE]

this sounds like something i may be interestde in. can you tell me where i can safely download said software?

http://www.jdobbs.com/

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2216891]http://www.jdobbs.com/[/QUOTE]

THANKS… I’ll give it a try.

Try the free version first. The pro version offers a lot more.