Using dvdfab platinum (generic Mode)

I want to convert my dvd movies to divx, and i want them about the same size and quality that is in the ones you can get off torrent sites. My question is with all the setting options in dvdfab which to use? there are many in the first options at the top with different sound and so forth. And many in the frame resolution . If you use this program , what do you prefer? A small list of the settings you use please AND Thank you.

I prefer the following as it gives me a file size of around 1.2Gb for a 1:30 movie. I find anyless gives me poor quality when I play it on my TV.

Generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy, resolution as close as possible to original DVD (720 x (xxx) after cropping), 1100 bitrate, 2 pass, choosing the Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack.

This gives pretty good video quality while retaining the 5.1 surround sound.

To lower the file size, you can lower the bitrate and the resolution or change to the mp3 profile but it all depends on what is acceptable to you on your target playing device.

Hope this helps…

@ GregiBoy
Thank You for the info, I will use your advice> and if your ever in this part of Canada I will by you a beer.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2033606]I prefer the following as it gives me a file size of around 1.2Gb for a 1:30 movie. I find anyless gives me poor quality when I play it on my TV.

Generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy, resolution as close as possible to original DVD (720 x (xxx) after cropping), 1100 bitrate, 2 pass, choosing the Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack.

This gives pretty good video quality while retaining the 5.1 surround sound.

Hope this helps…[/QUOTE]

what differences do you observe between 1 pass & 2 pass, keeping all other settings same as above, please.