Using DVDFab on unprotected DVDs

vbimport

#1

Good day to all, I come to you “hat in hand” to ask for some help and direction to figure out what my problem might be in using DVDFab. I recently downloaded DVDFab and tried it out on a commercial DVD that I owned and it worked just fine. But my main interest is in using DVDFab for creating Xvid and Zune versions of unprotected DVDs that I burn with a DVD recorder (Pioneer Model DVR-231). I record single and multiple titles on a single DVD depending on the subject. Say 4 half hour programs or a single two hour program. But when I attempt to use DVDFab to convert the DVD using either the Main Movie or Generic function DVDFAb will not recognize the DVD if it only has a single “title” on it but if it is one of the DVDs that has 4 half hour “titles” on it the DVDFab sees and shows me the titles. Other programs such as “DVD Decrypt” see the single title and can strip it off the DVD. Is there anything that I can do in the configuration of DVDFab to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help you might provide!


#2

I didn’t see where I could edit my first post but I wanted to try and provide some additional info from the save ifo function and here is what was in the log. . . .

IFO from a disk with just one title

Info for drive [Z:] (DVDFab Platinum 4.1.2.0)
Drive region: 1

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Volume name: VOLUME_IDENTIFIER
Video standard: NTSC

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is not found.
RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is not found.

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is not found.
Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
Fake vts 1 is removed!
1 fake vts protections are removed!
Bad sector protection is not found!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed!

PathPlayer is enabled!
Unplayable cell is not found.

IFO from a disk that had four titles

Info for drive [Z:] (DVDFab Platinum 4.1.2.0)
Drive region: 1

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Volume name: VOLUME_IDENTIFIER
Video standard: NTSC

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is not found.
RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is not found.

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is not found.
Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
Fake vts protection is not found!
Bad sector protection is not found!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is disabled.


#3

I guess documenting this helped me visually sort out some of the information. I saw a reference to " Fake vts" but couldn’t find any information on it. I also saw the reference to " Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed!" and turned that off in the configuration section but that didn’t help. I finally saw this pathplayer option(don’t know what it is) and went looking for it in the configuration section. I finally found it and disabled it and DVDFab will now show my single title DVDs. Hopefully this might help someone else that might have this problem.