Using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 to back to particular DVD's

vbimport

I love DVD Shrink and have 3.2.0.15 version. It works fine. But I have just one issue. I was making a backup of the movie “forgotten”. I inserted the movie “Forgotten” in my laptop. I have the Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop with the CD/DVD burner. When I looked in the “my computer” to look at name of the DVD, it just read “DVD Video” instead of the movie Forgotten. Any other movies would read the name of that particular movie. I would click “Open Disk” DVD Shrink to do an analysis. But the analysis would go about 12% and then would stop. The movie “The Grudge” was the same way.

I did a back up of “I-ROBOT” and it said “I-ROBOT” in my “my computer”. I made back ups of other movies and had no problem doing backups with other movies Forgotten and The Grudge. What I see is that it is not doing a full analysis for these particular movies. Maybe DVD Shrink cannot mke back ups of these movies. I’m thinking since my lapto would not read the name the name of these movies “Forgotten” and “The Grudge” DVD Shrink would not let me do a backup.Any suggestions? :sad:

The Forgotten and The Grudge both use a new type of copy protection that can’t be handled by current version of Dvd Shrink.

Use the latest version of Dvd Decrypter (which can cope with the new protection) to rip the files and then process with Dvd Shrink to compress.

The subject matter should read:Using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 to back two particular DVD’s. not Using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 to back to particular DVD’s. My Mistake.

Lyle

Thanks for the info.:slight_smile: I wonder if DVD Shrink will soon be updated to handle this new type of copy protection?

Lyle

Very iffy. Posters here say that the author of DVD Shrink was hired and is now working for Ahead (Nero). Yet the last version of DVD Shrink had come after he joined Nero. So, who knows, but I wouldn’t hold my breath…

I wouldn’t either.

The new arrcoss protection seems to be showing up on a lot of new movies. The newest versions of dvd decryptor or anydvd will get past it.

Hey ripit…

Way to go. Beat me to it again. But you won’t have to worry about me bitchen at ya about it anymore. FINALLY get to go back to work(for a big whopping 2 hrs. starting Wed. the 10th. So my nights of staying up 3/4th the night on this thing are coming to an end. Haven’t told Mike yet. I’m sure he’ll be crushed. I guess we’ll have to start a early or weekend edition of the Mike & Mark show. Catch ya later.

Mark

Try to break the news to mike gentlly, lol!!! Ya never know when I’ll be on here because my scedule is always changing so we’ll se ya around. It’s good to hear that your back is healing up well. :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

try using dvdshrink with the latest version of anydvd…it worked for me althought it defeats the object a little…

Already mentioned in post #7 by ripit.

#7 ripit vbmenu_register(“postmenu_858901”, true);
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: Using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 to back to particular DVD’s
The new arrcoss protection seems to be showing up on a lot of new movies. The newest versions of dvd decryptor or anydvd will get past it.

Is DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 the latest version? If so, I tried using DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 to rip "forgotten’’. After that I used DVD Shrink. When I clicked the “Open Files” Option in DVD Shrink but nothing happen. Am I doing something wrong? I guess I can’t backup movies anymore the new arrcoss protection.:frowning:

hey all,

Is DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 the latest version? If so, I tried using DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 to rip "forgotten’’. After that I used DVD Shrink. When I clicked the “Open Files” Option in DVD Shrink but nothing happen. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Try the newest version of AnyDVD. That will do it. At least it did for me with the Forgotten. It’s not a free program but they do give a 21 day trial of it.

Mark

Which mode did you rip it in? I have found that at least for me, it doesn’t work unless you rip it in file mode. Then open up the Main folder and select the Video_TS sub-folder.