Using DVD-RAM with DVD-Player

vbimport

Hi,

Question about DVD-RAM:

I have a Panasonic DVD-Recorder/Player, a DVD-RAM disc and some jpeg photo files on my computer hard derive. How can I put these phots in the DVD-RAM and see them using the Panasonid DVD-Recorder/Palyer? I know there are issues with different format.

Many Thanks

[QUOTE=Maxmosh;2011630]Hi,

Question about DVD-RAM:

I have a Panasonic DVD-Recorder/Player, a DVD-RAM disc and some jpeg photo files on my computer hard derive. How can I put these phots in the DVD-RAM and see them using the Panasonid DVD-Recorder/Palyer? I know there are issues with different format.

Many Thanks[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s:

You need the proper hardware. What DVD-RAM pc drive and OS do you have?

I have a Sony DVD/CD Rewritable drive. What woulb be the proper hardware? Thanks

[QUOTE=Maxmosh;2011671]I have a Sony DVD/CD Rewritable drive. What woulb be the proper hardware? Thanks[/QUOTE]Look in My Computer and see if it’s listed as a DVD-RAM drive.

Yes, It is listed as DVD-RAM drive. I can copy and past files into DVD-RAM.

[QUOTE=Maxmosh;2011745]Yes, It is listed as DVD-RAM drive. I can copy and past files into DVD-RAM.[/QUOTE]
So what is the problem?

I copy jpeg files into the DVD-RAM from my computer (Windows XP) but the Panasonic DVD player/recorder cannot play and says need to reformat the disc. Thanks

I don’t have a DVD-RAM player/recorder. Can you format the disc with your player/recorder and then put it in your pc and but files on it?

I think the problem could be that the recorder/player is not able to recognise JPEG photos on a data disc. It’s expecting a video format, rather than just the files of JPEGs. What is the make and model number of the Panasonic player/recorder?

In the case of the player not able to read JPEGs, there are programs to convert JPEG photos to a video format that can play on a DVD player - I think Ulead do one…

I have a newer model of Panasonic DVD Recorder/Player (model
DMR-EZ47V) which is, according to manua,l capable of reading from DVD-RAM and aslo jpeg still images.

I did format the disc by the Panasonic unit but then my computer could not recognize it.

[QUOTE=Maxmosh;2012960]I have a newer model of Panasonic DVD Recorder/Player (model
DMR-EZ47V) which is, according to manua,l capable of reading from DVD-RAM and aslo jpeg still images.

I did format the disc by the Panasonic unit but then my computer could not recognize it.[/QUOTE]ok now you need to read about what DVD-RAM format your player/recorder likes. UDF 1.5,2.0,2.5 etc…Look in your manual.

What DVD-RAM driver are you using with XP?

The Panasonic player/recorder wants UDF2.0 format. I am using a Sony external DVD-CD rewitable drive (DRX-S50U) which works with DVD-RAM as well. How I can format to UDF2.0?
Very many thanks for following this.