Using DVD Copy

How do I get past Failed to read file “E:”?

How do I get around the error Failed to read File"E:" when coping a disc?

You’ll have to give us more clues. Are you trying to use DVDFab DVD Copy? Is the E drive your optical drive?

Sorry, I’m using DVD Shrink and it is on e drive. It comes up when I open the disk.

[QUOTE=collib;2568100]How do I get around the error Failed to read File"E:" when coping a disc?[/QUOTE]

Does that dvd play on standalone correctly?? Otherwise you need to replace the dvd. We need more information specs as to the burner or reader that your using to read the media. Your error is way to general to know what happening???

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2567801]You’ll have to give us more clues. Are you trying to use DVDFab DVD Copy? Is the E drive your optical drive?[/QUOTE]

I’m using DVD Shrink and the disc I’m coping is on my E drive.

[QUOTE=collib;2568106]I’m using DVD Shrink and the disc I’m coping is on my E drive.[/QUOTE]

Right there is your problem trying to use [B]DVDShrink[/B] as it has not been updated in years and
can not handle today’s new copy protections so of coarse you’re going to get the old Failed to
read file "E: error. :doh:

You will need to use some copy software that keeps up with the new copy protections such as
what Kerry56 mentioned something like maybe DVDFab but now if the disc isn’t a factory pressed
copy protected disc then you might just have a bad disc. :iagree:

I merged your two threads. Please don’t make two or more threads on the same subject and put them in different subforums. It causes confusion on where to answer you and is against the rules here.