Using DVD as rewriteable drive - what systems

vbimport

What ideas do people have about the systems for using a DVD like a rewriteable drive. Not the normal burning and erasing. I mean like InCD, DVD-RAM, FAT systems.
I’m not an advanced expert.
Tried formatting DVD disc to FAT. FAT has a file limit ~1GB doesn’t it. I tested moving a folder that was over 1GB, but no file over 1GB. It got stuck at 919GB. Desktop and computer stuck, had to force restart. Unrelated problem or not?
Also have had sessions and discs lost with InCD. Maybe because my LG burner was faulty, maybe partly InCD’s fault?
Don’t trust the above systems now and want to stick with pure DVD-RAM.

[QUOTE=gsv;2550040]What ideas do people have about the systems for using a DVD like a rewriteable drive. Not the normal burning and erasing. I mean like InCD, DVD-RAM, FAT systems.[/quote]You want DVD-RAM with UDF file system. FAT is deadly.

On XP, you need 3rd party software like either the drivers from Panasonic or InCD (the latest version is now free and works rather nicely).
On Vista and 7, UDF support for DVD-RAM is already included. No personal experience here, since my only Win7 computer does not have an optical drive.

Michael