Using CopyToDVD

vbimport

Got a SONY DRU-500AX burner, want to back up some movies and copy some new ones.

I go through all the necessary steps, get a working copy of a movie (just the movie, no menus), ready to run DVD2One to get it to fit onto a single DVD-R.

Don’t want to burn it onto the DVD-R right after running DVD2One because I want to make sure the movie works. So I don’t check the box “Burn to DVD …” using CopyToDVD, because I want to make sure I don’t make a coaster. :slight_smile:

So, now I have the VOB file set, plus the other files and a working copy of the movie after using DVD2One.

Question: How do I burn these files onto my DVD-R so that when I put the DVD into the player it works? I tried burning the files directly onto a DVD-R and it made a coaster, LOL. I don’t know how to use CopyToDVD to make a useable DVD. Their help files STINK! I purchased both of these products. Help!

Also, is Nero better to burn DVD’s than CopyToDVD? or some other software?

Please help,

Thanks

P.S. These forums are wonderful, thanks to all the people who help others. Hope I become knowledgeble enough someday to help others here as well.

In Copytocd/dvd click Project and then select Write DVD Video, navigate to where the dvd files are select the .ifo and it should then write your dvd.
In Nero select DVDvideo, then put the dvd files into the Video_ts folder on the left and burn.

I’m getting a Toshiba SD-R5002 tomorrow, if i use Nero, do i have to add a AUDIO_TS directory as well? or does Nero only use a VIDEO_TS directory?

andyw

Originally posted by andyw
[B]I’m getting a Toshiba SD-R5002 tomorrow, if i use Nero, do i have to add a AUDIO_TS directory as well? or does Nero only use a VIDEO_TS directory?

andyw [/B]

You do not need to add an AUDIO_TS folder as Nero will add one for you :slight_smile:

Question: How do I burn these files onto my DVD-R so that when I put the DVD into the player it works? I tried burning the files directly onto a DVD-R and it made a coaster, LOL. I don’t know how to use CopyToDVD to make a useable DVD. Their help files STINK! I purchased both of these products. Help!

This is is a known bug to copytodvd and is being worked on at this time.

start useing dvd+rw it will cut down on the coasters