Using Alcohol's Emulation as a Thin Client Server

vbimport

Howdy. After scouring the countless threads I haven’t found one that fully answered my question.

Now, I’m am seriously considering purchashing Alcohol (uncertain of the model as of yet), and was wondering about the emulation system.

First, will it allow me to set up a stand alone server with the game images stored on it, and let me access the images from any networked computer?

Second, if yes to number one, can said image be accessed by more than one user at a time, or do you have to burn an image for every single network user?

Thanks again!:slight_smile:

the answer to both of your questions is yes. however, it does not comply with the current licensing policies of alcohol. there will be a version available very soon that will cover your needs.

Originally posted by netman
the answer to both of your questions is yes. however, it does not comply with the current licensing policies of alcohol. there will be a version available very soon that will cover your needs.

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!:cool: :smiley: :cool: :bow:

after rereading you initial question i must qualify one thing. multiple users can access and use the same image as long as the program being imaged allows it. most games today will not do so although there are some that will. it is a trial and error process to find out which. most all of my network testing has involved images of cdroms that were made to be used my multiple simultaneous users, such as medical and legal databases.

as long as you have the hard drive space though you can mount multiple instances of the same image and access it that way. i also found that it seems to work better mapping drives to the images rather than using a thin client such as terminal services. with some apps multiple users could use them when mapped but not when using terminal services.