Uses Of Hdburn?

vbimport

#1

I recently purchased a DVD+RW drive with “HD-Burn”. I looked up HD-Burn to find out that it lets you burn in High Density format burning 1.4gb to a 850 cdr COOL! i tried to make an mp3 disk that would play on my car radio with twice the amount of mp3s… the burn was successful but it didnt play in my radio. i tried it in my CD-RW drive and it didnt recognize it either.

someone tell me what are the advantages of having HD-Burn… i dont get it at all. it seems almost usless. DVD+RW with HDBurn isnt standardized so why carry it???:confused:


#2

The more stuff you “force” onto the disc, the less compatible it will be. Not all optical devices can read discs burned with HD-BURN. You can decrease the compression and maybe your deck will read it.


#3

Originally posted by scr2004ge
[B]I recently purchased a DVD+RW drive with “HD-Burn”. I looked up HD-Burn to find out that it lets you burn in High Density format burning 1.4gb to a 850 cdr COOL! i tried to make an mp3 disk that would play on my car radio with twice the amount of mp3s… the burn was successful but it didnt play in my radio. i tried it in my CD-RW drive and it didnt recognize it either.

someone tell me what are the advantages of having HD-Burn… i dont get it at all. it seems almost usless. DVD+RW with HDBurn isnt standardized so why carry it???:confused: [/B]

HD-BURN is not supported in most CD players so I haven’t even tried it once. Cheapest 4.7GB Single-Layer DVD blank media cost just US$0.5 per disk.


#4

Originally posted by Kenshin
Cheapest 4.7GB Single-Layer DVD blank media cost just US$0.5 per disk.

fifty cents??? where?

the cheapest i found was 79 cents a disk

where can i find this miracle of a deal? :bow:


#5

you have to use DVD drive to read those HDburned CD

btw, what media did you use? not all media are recordable with HDburn feature


#6

Originally posted by dhc014
Not all optical devices can read discs burned with HD-BURN.

Indeed. In fact, very very few can.


#7

mitsubishi

at least thats what it says in nero infotool.

Originally posted by nietsni3
[B]you have to use DVD drive to read those HDburned CD

btw, what media did you use? not all media are recordable with HDburn feature [/B]


#8

there was a list of media brand that are supported by HD burn feature on Accesstek.com.tw (the site is down right now), in the FAQ session. those media are hard to find to me… when i use other kind of media, i always get power calibrated problem when it start burning. what is the manufature RATED recording speed on the mitsubishi media that you used?


#9

I have an Optorite DD0203 burner capable of HD-Burning. I use either Maxell or TDK discs for burning. These discs are Riteks and according to DVD Infopro are HD-Burn certified. As these discs can only be played back on my Optorite, their only purpose would be for backup or data storage. The prices of blank DVDs are now so low that the need for HD-Burn seems redundant. Without hardware support by all the drive manufacturers, this technology will probably go the way of the Beta movie player.
I hope this helps


#10

FWIW: I’ve used both Ritek and CMC for HDBurn disk with no problems so far.


#11

here we go:
http://accesstek.com.tw/_english/3_service/01_2_detail.php?hTypeID=5&hID=28

Ritek(7)52x 97:15.17 79:59.70
MBI(India) 48x 97:17.06 79:59.74
Acer 52x 97:22.67 79:59.74
Taiyo Yuden 40X 97:24.01 79:59.72
Hitachi Maxell 48x 97:25.29 79:59.74
CMC32X 97:26.66 79:59.74
Ritek 40x blue 97:31.01 74:45.01
Ritek 48X-2 97:31.07 74:45.01
Mitsubishi 40X 97:34.23 79:59.73


#12

which drives can make hd burn disks though