Users think “Windows 10 free upgrade notification” is a virus

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Users think “Windows 10 free upgrade notification” is a virus[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/09/myce-windows-10-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft announced yesterday that Windows 10 will be released on the 29th of July this year and has started to show a notification in the taskbar of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 systems. Some users however thought the notification was a virus.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/users-think-windows-10-free-upgrade-notification-is-a-virus-76260/](http://www.myce.com/news/users-think-windows-10-free-upgrade-notification-is-a-virus-76260/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yup, mom sent me a mail about that too today, going to uninstall that KB. Her laptop can run w10 likely anyway.

Releasing it two months before the operating system is out was far too early. Its pointless and annoying. I tried hiding the notification and it just came back. I tried moving it and it reverted back to its original place.

This would have been handy two weeks before release not two months

if you want to remove it completely, as said above just uninstall KB 3035583 and it’ll be gone completely.

“This would have been handy two weeks before release not two months”, you’re probably right, but 2 months gives microsoft far more time to collect free pre-orders so they can say “oooooh, look how fantastic Windows 10 is, we’ve had xx million people register for the free upgrade already”…

Most likely after all the release they will have to issue a update to remove this notification otherwise they will get flak for it. So I just ignore it for the time being. If I really want Windows 10 x64 Pro - I will buy a complete full installer not a upgrade. I heard of other upgrades that didn’t go so well either so that isn’t for me.

Well it seems like they just did it again. After i removed and hid that 3035583, yesterday i installed a batch of updates after the reboot. Yup, that damn notification is back and i can’t figure out which kb is responsible. I thought it was kb3050265 so uninstalled it but that’s not it, and to make matters worse my entire history of applied windows updates and hidden updates have been erased but they do still appear under “installed updates”

The following updates were installed related to windows. The others were office 2010

kb3068708,3065979,3064209,3063858,3059317,3058515,3057839,3054476,3040272,3033890,2952664 and the removed 3050265

anyone can help me out. I want that damn microsoft notification / trojan of my system

@Ch3vr0n you might want to post on technet and ask someone there they might know which new update it could be and how to kill it.

don’t have a subsc there

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2754869] If I really want Windows 10 x64 Pro - I will buy a complete full installer not a upgrade. I heard of other upgrades that didn’t go so well either so that isn’t for me.[/QUOTE]

Totally understandable IF you only could upgrade your older OS…but you can do a fresh install after the download,as confirmed by a man who knows for sure…

Windows 10 clean install possible

And even possible from a win 10 iso…:bigsmile:

looks like my old msn address was still active, i’ll let ya guys know

I got your news for you fellas. M$ did it again.