Users of DH-20A4H?

vbimport

I want to know if anyone has encountered any problem whether firmware or software or hardware related to this product? I currently have this unit as a replacement since my 20A1H died after warranty. I used it for buring so far and haven’t had any problems show up lately. I used Slysoft products currently on this drive so far. I do have Nero 6 but haven’t burn using Nero yet and haven’t done a drag and drop from windows yet. Also I do have this drive connected on a PCI ATA controller card in case if I ever do a copy on the fly process without killing my CPU and Memory process task.

I have 2 and they seem to be solid performers, nice ripper, scanner and burner. I have used stock and CodeKing’s patched FW with no problems. I have an ocasional problem with DVDShrink+Nero and -R media it refuses to burn sometimes but the problem is rare and I have had this problem with other LO DVDRW and never with ImgBurn and Nero recode.1 suggestion, unless you are in a big hurry rip your DVD to HD first then burn. Yes, I think it is a good drive.:slight_smile:

DVD drives arent really meant for PCI ATA cards. Hard drives are for those cards, best to put the DVD drives on a regular PATA port.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2047402]DVD drives arent really meant for PCI ATA cards. Hard drives are for those cards, best to put the DVD drives on a regular PATA port.[/QUOTE]I don’t see any difference either way. I have also read the specs on some PCI-IDE cards that say for HDD and ODD’s

I know what some specs say, but golden rule --> PCI card <> ODD drive = Trouble.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2047497]I know what some specs say, but golden rule --> PCI card <> ODD drive = Trouble.[/QUOTE]Like i said no trouble here with 2 of them using 5 ODD’s and 1 HDD.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1863760-post139.html

I had mine on the PCI card as it will handle both zip, HDD, cd/dvd drives as well. It even stated so on the package and it does work. It’s a Silicon PCI card and it worked for my Zip drive as it was a Pata drive as well. Maybe your says it won’t handle them but mine did it did cost around 60 US dollars for two port Pata connector pci card.

I’m having some problems with that drive. Now I’m burning some data backup disk on dvd+r maxell_003 at 12x and with codeking eoht firmware qp53a. the disk burn well, less than 1 of pi-errors average and minimal pi-failures, but near the end they show a critical increment. one even had a unrecobable error, near the end.
don’t know, I’ve to search for help.

[QUOTE=khynho;2047599]I’m having some problems with that drive. Now I’m burning some data backup disk on dvd+r maxell_003 at 12x and with codeking eoht firmware qp53a. the disk burn well, less than 1 of pi-errors average and minimal pi-failures, but near the end they show a critical increment. one even had a unrecobable error, near the end.
don’t know, I’ve to search for help.[/QUOTE]

Before using codeking firmware did you try to burn using the manufacture firmware first before using the custom firmware?? what software are you using and what are you burning and what size is it? Sometimes you have to slow the speed down rather then by setting the burn at a lower speed. Could be that you have bad media batch as well. Have you tried another media brand?

first thanks coolcolors for your interest

yes, codeking shows an improvement.

the nero blunded with the drive. ver : 7.10.1.2
as I told it’s data/iso’s. the size vary from 3.5 GB to 4.37 GB

I think Maxell 003 are top quality media (don’t you?). I previously had a 25 cake of cheaps Daxon az2. the disc are readable but the quality is bad however with that media I didn’t notice problems at the end of the disc instead they have more errors at the beginning (???).

about the speed you’re right if I slow to 12x the problem decrease. May be I should try 8x. but it’s a bit dissapointed because Maxell 003 it’s suposed to be good 16x media and my drive should be able to write up to 20x.

may be, later, I could post some scans to ilustrate the problem

here you have two scans, one good (4.05 GB) and other bad (4.37 GB). note that even the good one have an acceptable but notable pif increment at the end.
seems that the drive have problems closing the discs.
please let me know what you think about this scans. may be in other moment I could up some more.