User Review: Fiio X1 Portable High Resolution Music Player

vbimport

Some people lamented the loss of the venerable iPod Classic, whereas audiophiles have always wished for better players with large capacity and lower prices.

FiiO, a Chinese manufacturer which sprung to prominence on low-cost decent-quality headphone amplifiers, have eyeballed this market and recently released a line of digital audio players - namely the X1, X3 and X5.

In my review, I look at the low end of the units, the X1 and see how it fares. For AU$129, it’s a pretty good effort.

The full review here: http://goughlui.com/2014/12/21/review-tested-fiio-x1-portable-high-resolution-music-player/

I would love to hear how you get on with this as time goes by (especially when you’ll probably be using it to get through some busy days ;)).

I’m curious: is the low microSD transfer speed limited to the 128 GB card, or does it also affect smaller cards?

I did try a few cards from my collection, and even faster ones, but the speed remained similar (+/- 1Mb/s mostly). It seems to be limited by the on-board controller - probably by the firmware running on the microcontroller and how it’s interfacing with the SD card.