Useless warning Labels

vbimport

You ever notice the warning labels on products like this sun viser-Do not drive with sun shield in place or a can of nuts that has a label saying may contain nuts and how about Nytol may cause drowsiness .What do you think are they going to far.

I do remember seeing the peanuts one before, where the pack actually said “This product may contain traces of peanuts”. It sure makes me wonder what the rest is made up of. :smiley:

“Keep away from children”

:iagree:

“Stand in boiling water for 10 minutes”

:eek:

25 illustrated ones…
Here’s an Example

I remember seeing a label on a pack of Morrison’s (supermarket) own brand CD-Rs. It said “Do not microwave” :doh:

I kept meaning to go back and get a pic of said label, but it wasn’t on any other packs. I wonder why? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a couple more,the urine one said not for human consumption,the washer selve explainary,the super man costiume said does not enable flight or super strenght and the do not iron clothes on body is a good one.

The famous MacDonald´s coffee case

and something similar

:eek:

Here’s a genuine real life example I came across.

I remember lifting a ready meal in Marks & Spencer’s, which is a big store here, to read the ingredients and other information.

On the top of the packaging was a nice picture of the meal and all the details regarding it were printed on the bottom of the packaging so you had to turn it upside down to read what it said.

On the back was the description of the meal, list of ingredients, nutritional information and the final thing it said in small print was “Do not turn the packaging upside down as it may disturb the contents”! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh and there was one time in work when our IT people were doing some unexpected but urgent work on the email system and wanted everyone arriving that morning not to log in until they had it sorted as otherwise it would mess up your computer.

So they sent everyone an urgent email warning them not to log in!

I remember a few embarrassed faces when I asked how you could get the email warning you not to log in without actually logging in to read it. :doh:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Here’s some more,the dremel tool say do not use as a dentist drill,you need safety goggles to use letter opener ,may contain eggs on the third one and do not use match or flame to check fuel.

The [B]Jabra Drive ‘N’ Talk[/B] is a Bluetooth speakerphone accessory for cellphones to be used in the car. The Drive ‘N’ Talk carries this contradictory warning label: “Never operate your speakerphone while driving.” :doh:

:rolleyes:

This is NOT iCandy!!!

[QUOTE=Wombler;2577252]Here’s a genuine real life example I came across.

I remember lifting a ready meal in Marks & Spencer’s, which is a big store here, to read the ingredients and other information.

On the top of the packaging was a nice picture of the meal and all the details regarding it were printed on the bottom of the packaging so you had to turn it upside down to read what it said.

On the back was the description of the meal, list of ingredients, nutritional information and the final thing it said in small print was “Do not turn the packaging upside down as it may disturb the contents”! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh and there was one time in work when our IT people were doing some unexpected but urgent work on the email system and wanted everyone arriving that morning not to log in until they had it sorted as otherwise it would mess up your computer.

So they sent everyone an urgent email warning them not to log in!

I remember a few embarrassed faces when I asked how you could get the email warning you not to log in without actually logging in to read it. :doh:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Can’t imagine you buying ready meals, you seem more of a “fine food” type of guy. Mind you, it was M&S I suppose…:slight_smile:

LOL@Deano’s last two pics. :bigsmile: